• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The likes of Rainsford have potential, but they are far from rounded players and can spray it everywhere. I'd rather have Rankin to be perfectly honest.

Brent fits in on the same sort of level as Johnston and Botha IMO... Langford-Smith is slightly better than that lot.

Utseya is obviously the best ODI bowler out of all of them, but the likes of Chigumbura and Mpofu weaken the attack too much, whereas I don't think Ireland's have any bowlers that could just bowl absolutely pies and release the pressure. Given though, I've seen very little of them..
Chigumbura hardly bowled "pies" today.He looked like a pretty handy medium-fast bowler.I agree about Mpofu however.First couple of overs he looked good but after that he sprayed it around a bit.Not sure if I'd rather have Rankin than Rainsford TBH.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hands up who turned off the TV with 33 needed, completely ignored the rest and now feels an idiot? Come on highlights...

Beleg

International Regular
I have half a mind of supporting these big-hearted Irish champs over the giant tossers we have in the name of our cricket team...

Beleg

International Regular
It was a case of the spirit and the enthusiasm for the game superceding the actual quality itself.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chigumbura hardly bowled "pies" today.He looked like a pretty handy medium-fast bowler.I agree about Mpofu however.First couple of overs he looked good but after that he sprayed it around a bit.Not sure if I'd rather have Rankin than Rainsford TBH.
Chigumbura may have bowled decently today - but he is quite capable of bowling aboslute rubbish and spraying it everywhere at about 120km/h. I've seen it all too often.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This tie was the worst possible result for Pakistan. They now have to win both games still remaining in the pool stage or they'll miss out - regardless of the other results.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah ties pay 50%, whereas no results pay refunds. Its a pretty awesome policy.

How vital was Johnston's stop (you can say dropped catch, but he was lucky to get a hand on the ball) off the 2nd last ball of the match? Great effort.