• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This has always been the upset most likely to happen and virtually everyman and his dog has called it.

Just wish the Micks can see it through and reward everyones faith in them.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. I don't think they're any better than Ireland really. Zimbabwe has a better looking batting side for mine but Ireland have much better bowlers.
I don't know about Ireland having "much" better bowlers.Rainsford is on par with Langford-Smith and Mpofu,Brent,Chigumbura and Utseya are about the same if not better than Rankin,Johnson,Botha and McCallan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know about Ireland having "much" better bowlers.Rainsford is on par with Langford-Smith and Mpofu,Brent,Chigumbura and Utseya are about the same if not better than Rankin,Johnson,Botha and McCallan.
The likes of Rainsford have potential, but they are far from rounded players and can spray it everywhere. I'd rather have Rankin to be perfectly honest.

Brent fits in on the same sort of level as Johnston and Botha IMO... Langford-Smith is slightly better than that lot.

Utseya is obviously the best ODI bowler out of all of them, but the likes of Chigumbura and Mpofu weaken the attack too much, whereas I don't think Ireland's have any bowlers that could just bowl absolutely pies and release the pressure. Given though, I've seen very little of them..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, I opened this thread to post "Why bowl O'Brien??" - then he bowled a juicy full toss which Utseya hit straight to catching cover. That's why, I guess. :p

Natman20

International Debutant
Ireland have come from no-where and now my odds are with them. How strange the game of cricket is

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
9 from 9 now.

Did anyone have a crack @ $13? I thought about it, then decided against it because I already had too much on them.