• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Ali TT

International Regular
Uruguayan players brawling with Colombian fans at the Copa America. Another chapter in the history of everyone’s favourite footballing psychopaths. Reminds me why I always liked them.

The American commentator who described the Uruguayan players as "interacting" with the fans...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
How are we going to host the WC in 2 years from now with the security lacking so much?
COMNEBOL are hosting Copa - FIFA host the WC.

If what the Uruguayan players said about Colombian fans attacking their families is correct then I have no problem with them doing what they did. **** around and find out.

Chubb

International Regular
Yeah I do understand, it's just the most Uruguayan Football thing to lose a "spiteful" match and then start brawling with the opposition fans.

But Uruguay itself is a lovely country by all accounts and one I'd like to visit, I just love how their national team has a history of complete psychopathy.

I like Portugal's side for similar reasons. I've called them pantomime villains and Uruguay are the same.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I do understand, it's just the most Uruguayan Football thing to lose a "spiteful" match and then start brawling with the opposition fans.

But Uruguay itself is a lovely country by all accounts and one I'd like to visit, I just love how their national team has a history of complete psychopathy.

I like Portugal's side for similar reasons. I've called them pantomime villains and Uruguay are the same.
Uruguay is amazing. Haven’t seen much of it but I’ve been to the same areas quite a few times

I’m flying into Miami tomorrow so it should be an incredible atmosphere come Sunday night