• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

flair in batting

tooextracool

International Coach
koch_cha said:
when was the last time it happened ie aus being less than 100 for 7
you dont have to be in trouble only when the score is less than 100/7, you're in trouble as long as you are in serious jeopardy of losing the game. i think the last test between australia-india at sydney serves as a suitable example for the last time when the tail bailed them out of a situation and saved australia from losing that match.....

Waughney

International Debutant
Chicane, why are you focusing on 2 series? 1 where both teams batted incredibly well (with India scraping home) and another drawn series with India batting better than Australia, but this is one series and you can't deny that Australia batted extremely well to.

chicane

State Captain
Waughney said:
You talking mainly theory here, Yuvraj has played well down the order in ODI's not opening tests. Anyway I have no idea how you can say that a pair that hasn''t even played yet (with one very inexperienced player) is better than one of the most succesful opening combinations in history. 8-)
That's where you're wrong I never said they are better, I only said the Australian openers aren't so far ahead of the Indians. And this theory does have some logic.

biased indian

International Coach
tooextracool said:
what you always fail to consider is that that series was played at home....we all know how good a batting side india are at home(or for that matter any flat wicket) but its on the seamer friendly wickets where we've seen them struggle rather pathetically at times.
i want to clear u r doubt
i was referring to the inida tour of australia.

the series u mentioned aus had a far better line up and was in no way weakened only lee mised that tour

chicane

State Captain
Waughney said:
Chicane, why are you focusing on 2 series? 1 where both teams batted incredibly well (with India scraping home) and another drawn series with India batting better than Australia, but this is one series and you can't deny that Australia batted extremely well to.
Unfortunately we are only trying to compare the recent batting orders here. :) Australia batted very well too, but India were better.

Swervy

International Captain
Here you go...

In the last 2 years

Australia average 47.8 runs per wicket (scoring at 3.89 rpo)
First 6 wickets in that time average 64.9 runs per wicket at 4.08rpo

India average 39.1 runs per wicket (scoring at 3.21rpo)
First 6 wickets in that time average 56.8 runs per wicket at 3.36rpo

Looks pretty much in favour of Australia batting wise.

Just as a comparison (not making any point with this, just to put it into context)
England in the last two years have averaged 36.6 runs per wicket at 3.18rpo
First 6 wickets in that time 45.6 per wicket at 3.39 rpo.

Waughney

International Debutant
chicane said:
That's where you're wrong I never said they are better, I only said the Australian openers aren't so far ahead of the Indians. And this theory does have some logic.
Theory in sport means nothing without results.

Waughney

International Debutant
Swervy said:
Here you go...

In the last 2 years

Just as a comparison (not making any point with this, just to put it into context)
Thankyou Swervy, puts it into a broader (and more revealing) context. Doesn't just focus on a couple of seiries.

biased indian

International Coach
tooextracool said:
you dont have to be in trouble only when the score is less than 100/7, you're in trouble as long as you are in serious jeopardy of losing the game. i think the last test between australia-india at sydney serves as a suitable example for the last time when the tail bailed them out of a situation and saved australia from losing that match.....
u quoted some one saying that aus have been rescued from 70-7 like score many time. and u said gilly and tail has done it many times. i gave u a even higher choice and u still failed to bring one and will argue on some thing else good work mate keep it up

biased indian

International Coach
Swervy said:
Here you go...

In the last 2 years

i agree on this thing but can u bring a stat that does not include ban and Zim series for both coutries

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I have to say I have gained much respect for Sudeep throughout this 'conversation'

I won't add any further. Nearly all of this has been largely bias Indians and Australians throwing largely predictably punches at each other. However I feel the most bias of all have been chicane and koch_cha. Some of the comments made me laugh hysterically.

Swervy

International Captain
Waughney said:
Thankyou Swervy, puts it into a broader (and more revealing) context. Doesn't just focus on a couple of seiries.
i am sure those figures will be conveniently ignored by certain members of this forum

tooextracool

International Coach
Swervy said:
Here you go...

In the last 2 years

not sure whether that really helps much....you have to go down to the kind of wickets that were played on over the last 2 years by both teams and where the tours had been played. im sure most of the indians on these forums will bring up the fact that they had to play on those terrible bowler friendly wickets in NZ and that would surely lower the runs per wicket.

Swervy

International Captain
koch_cha said:
i agree on this thing but can u bring a stat that does not include ban and Zim series for both coutries

why exclude them, they play test cricket...or do you think India might come out more favourably

tooextracool

International Coach
koch_cha said:
u quoted some one saying that aus have been rescued from 70-7 like score many time. and u said gilly and tail has done it many times. i gave u a even higher choice and u still failed to bring one and will argue on some thing else good work mate keep it up
seriously buddy, i have no clue what point you are trying to make in half your posts.

Swervy

International Captain
tooextracool said:
not sure whether that really helps much....you have to go down to the kind of wickets that were played on over the last 2 years by both teams and where the tours had been played. im sure most of the indians on these forums will bring up the fact that they had to play on those terrible bowler friendly wickets in NZ and that would surely lower the runs per wicket.
over a fairly long period of time, these things even out...i dont intend on getting too anal about these things.

In test cricket you have to play on all types of pitch, vs all types of bowler of varied standards.

The fact of the matter is that Australia have had a more successful batting line up than India over the last 2 years, and indeed over the last 3 years, 4 years, 5 years etc etc.

biased indian

International Coach
tooextracool said:
seriously buddy, i have no clue what point you are trying to make in half your posts.
if u have time pls go through the couple of post that u have posted and if u still dont have any clue just leave it :notworthy