• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

flair in batting

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
lol! one thing i noticed in this thread is e'one finds their own teams' batsmen to be the most stylish and have lots of flair.

flair to me (being sri lankan) is how fast a batsmen can score runs playing in the most orthodox fashion. flair to me is a batsmen who gets my adrenalin pumping! :D

mark waugh, lara, nathan astle, jayasuriya, kluesner, symonds,aravinda,inzamam,sewag,hick are my picks!

dude

School Boy/Girl Captain
Revelation said:
what about Tendulkar? (btw i am Trinidadian)
i'm in chicago havent seen tendulkar play in ages! :D
however the last i saw of him he had curbed his natural style, i feel ganguly is more aggressive than sachin! just my opinion :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Yes, 1/211 in 45 overs on a spinning track where Anil took 12 wickets. In the first inning karthik went for 122 runs in 19 overs.

I hadn't checked his figures, I was just astonished that given Harbajan's figures, that he'd done worse!

burr

State Vice-Captain
Why do people rave about Sarouv Ganguly's offside play? I think Dravid once said on the offside there's Ganguly then there's God. He clearly hadn't seen Damien Martyn bat - now that is poetry in motion.

Eclipse

International Debutant
burr said:
Why do people rave about Sarouv Ganguly's offside play? I think Dravid once said on the offside there's Ganguly then there's God. He clearly hadn't seen Damien Martyn bat - now that is poetry in motion.
Yep deffinatly Martyn can be awsome through the offside on his day.

His preffered shot to hit sixes is the cover drive not many players can say that.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
i should say that the most stylish player ever was Saeed Anwar... currently i think sagakkara, mahela and atapattu are top stylish players too. also not forgetting Vaugn, Dravid, Straus, and ofcourse Gibbs.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
my most stylish player all time should be definitely Saeed Anwar...currently....it should be Atapattu, Sangakkara, habibul bashar, and ganguly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
alexkumar said:
Saeed anwar is most stylish orthodox and aggressive batsman. Numero uno.
i second it. he is retired though.
We seem to be attracting a lot of rather aged people these days. Another 130-year old!