• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

pasag

RTDAS
Amazing stuff,amazing campaign. Congrats to all the fellow Aussies on here and commiserations to the Sri Lankans, a great team and the only one to push Australia during the Cup. Wow though, this Australian side, awesome. TO go through the whole Cup undefeated. To silence all the critics, especially after the CB and C-H series is especially satisfying. This side is a true inspiration as are players like Matthew Hayden, Brad Hogg and Glenn McGrath, all of who had their doubters leading in and answered their critics in emphatic style. And Nathan Bracken, the unsung hero, imo the best ODI bowler in the world, such a legend. And the future, guys like Tait and Clarke performing brilliantly. And let's not forget Watto.

I'm rambling on abit but its been a long WC and I've stayed up to watch nearly every game, the cricket hasn't always been good but to see this side come through has made it all worth it.

Again, commiserations to all the SL's on here, especially Jason and JBH, but you should be proud of your side for such a fine effort.

Oh, and Goodbye Glenn. thanks for the memories, I'll never forget them. Man of the series, take a bow.

And RIP Bob Woolmer. This win should be dedicated to you and your legacy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well done to Oz. Boo sucks to Messers Dar & Bucknor tho. Reduced the final of the premier ODI tournament to a farce. Cricket finds ever new ways to shoot itself in the foot. 8-)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
This is really tragic that the climax of the World Cup should be this. Despite all that had gone on with the weather and stuff, Gilchrist's innings was well worthy of winning a world cup and Jayasuria and Sangakkara were making a fist of it. Then came the farce to do with not knowing the D/L and it got worse and worse.
Well done Australia. Go get some umpires who aren't so bloody stupid, ICC.

simmy

International Regular
Amazing stuff,amazing campaign. Congrats to all the fellow Aussies on here and commiserations to the Sri Lankans, a great team and the only one to push Australia during the Cup. Wow though, this Australian side, awesome. TO go through the whole Cup undefeated. To silence all the critics, especially after the CB and C-H series is especially satisfying. This side is a true inspiration as are players like Matthew Hayden, Brad Hogg and Glenn McGrath, all of who had their doubters leading in and answered their critics in emphatic style. And Nathan Bracken, the unsung hero, imo the best ODI bowler in the world, such a legend. And the future, guys like Tait and Clarke performing brilliantly. And let's not forget Watto.

I'm rambling on abit but its been a long WC and I've stayed up to watch nearly every game, the cricket hasn't always been good but to see this side come through has made it all worth it.

Again, commiserations to all the SL's on here, especially Jason and JBH, but you should be proud of your side for such a fine effort.

Oh, and Goodbye Glenn. thanks for the memories, I'll never forget them. Man of the series, take a bow.

And RIP Bob Woolmer. This win should be dedicated to you and your legacy.
Dittoed

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'll write something coherent on this when I've had some sleep. I've been up since 6am yesterday, and just capped the end of Glenn McGrath's career and a third straight world cup by changing a toddler's really foul nappy, so I'm kinda out of sensible words.

I'll leave you with this: Michael Mason is the new definition of cool folks. You peeps should get with the times and come aboard the Mason-band-wagon! :ph34r: