• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Jacknife

International Captain
very brave going with the spinners, would have thought Lancs would have gone with their best yorker bowler.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hilarious. Particularly being sat between pockets of Leics & Lancs fans as they vacillated between ecstasy and despair. Oh the joys of neutrality...

Jacknife

International Captain
I don't know whether it's the spinners or the pitch but the pitch seems to have flattened out.
Kartik doesn't look fit either.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know whether it's the spinners or the pitch but the pitch seems to have flattened out.
Kartik doesn't look fit either.
I guess if the pitch or ball gets a little wet then the ball doesn't grip, either in the hand or on the pitch and can skid through. If a pitch gets damp and dries out properly it can grip even more than previously - according to TMS anyway.

Jacknife

International Captain
Rode his luck a fair bit did Afridi, apart from the multiple times he swung himself off his feet, he rarely hit the ball cleanly and had the great knack of the just clearing the boundary.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cidermen will be thankful for the rain. Hants playing 3 spinners, after all. I'm hearing it'll be 9 overs, which makes the length of Afridi's innings more or less irrelevant.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is why we used to own a quarter of the globe: we wanted to get away from the ****ty weather.

Tres off and running first ball. :cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kies coming to the party now: 4, 6, 3 and the three only not a boundary because Adams took all the pace off a nailed cover drive.

& Tres hits the last ball for 4. 18 off Corky's first over. Ouch.