• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft ideas/scheduling thread

capt_Luffy

International Regular
How about a Strike Rate Draft guys
Yeah, this idea looks very interesting, but researching the strike rates of, say pre War cricketers, with enough credibility, is almost impossible. Not only that, the strike rates pre WSC are iffy at best. As Line and Length pointed out, it probably works best with ODIs (can't care enough for T20s). Though I remember Coronis posting the S/R of many old school players; he might be able to tell us his source for them.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
What about a HS (Highest Score) draft guys ?

Contestants have to choose players whose highest scores are in different categories to form an XI

For example
0-99 - 2 players
100-199 - 3 players
200- 249 - 3 players
250+ - 3 players

Last edited:

capt_Luffy

International Regular

Contestants have to choose players whose highest scores are in different categories to form an XI

For example
0-99 - 2 players
100-199 - 3 players
200- 249 - 3 players
250+ - 3 players
This looks very fun; if you decide to run this, count me in!

(Though I think 3 players with250+ and 3 more between 200 and 250 are a bit too Batsman centric, especially since I don't think there are that many batsmen with such high scores, and finding more than 2 bowlers will be very tough as all others atleast needs a century. Might be better if like you make 1 spot for 0-49, 2 for 50-99, 2 for 100-149, 2 for 150-199, 2 for 200-249, and 2 for 250+. Just a thought though, would be interesting anyway)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year

For example
0-99 - 2 players
100-199 - 3 players
200- 249 - 3 players
250+ - 3 players
Good idea but, as capt_Luffy says, it's too bat-centric.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
This looks very fun; if you decide to run this, count me in!

(Though I think 3 players with250+ and 3 more between 200 and 250 are a bit too Batsman centric, especially since I don't think there are that many batsmen with such high scores, and finding more than 2 bowlers will be very tough as all others atleast needs a century. Might be better if like you make 1 spot for 0-49, 2 for 50-99, 2 for 100-149, 2 for 150-199, 2 for 200-249, and 2 for 250+. Just a thought though, would be interesting anyway)
Thanks brother, I'm just bouncing off ideas for the usual draft creators if they need some concepts to schedule ..

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

For example
0-99 - 2 players
100-199 - 3 players
200- 249 - 3 players
250+ - 3 players
Not to be rude but this is very similar to the current mwm one with runs instead of wickets. I will be in if we play this may be a couple of drafts later since it will be two consecutive similar drafts if we play this now.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Cricket Record Draft

Create an XI with players who have a cricket record to their name in which they are in the top 3 , it can be any cricketing record as long as it can be justified..

For example you could pick Brian Lara with the justification that he holds the Highest Test Score in Cricket ..

You could pick Jim Laker cause he holds the record for the most wickets picked up in a single test match ,

Muralitharan for most wickets in a career ,

Wilfred Rhodes for oldest player to play in a Test.

Cricket has hundreds if not thousands of records so you wouldn't be Short of material. .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket Record Draft

Create an XI with players who have a cricket record to their name in which they are in the top 3 , it can be any cricketing record as long as it can be justified..

For example you could pick Brian Lara with the justification that he holds the Highest Test Score in Cricket ..

You could pick Jim Laker cause he holds the record for the most wickets picked up in a single test match ,

Muralitharan for most wickets in a career ,

Wilfred Rhodes for oldest player to play in a Test.

Cricket has hundreds if not thousands of records so you wouldn't be Short of material. .
I ran this draft once😀