• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft ideas/scheduling thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That sounds good (the T20 idea).

This is an idea for an ODI draft which I could run in late July/August:

ODI 130/5-fer draft limit:

Very simple rules
No one in your team can have a top score of more than 130 in an ODI.
Your wicketkeeper cannot have scored an ODI 100.
No one can have taken a 6-fer, 7-fer, or 8-fer (Chaminda Vaas) in an ODI.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That sounds good (the T20 idea).

This is an idea for an ODI draft which I could run in late July/August:

ODI 130/5-fer draft limit:

Very simple rules
No one in your team can have a top score of more than 130 in an ODI.
Your wicketkeeper cannot have scored an ODI 100.
No one can have taken a 6-fer, 7-fer, or 8-fer (Chaminda Vaas) in an ODI.
I've also had another idea:

The Jimmy 5/6 Draft

Very simple idea.
All 11 players picked must have played in at least 1 test with or against James Anderson.

5 or 6 of the players must've played for England, and 5 or 6 must've played against England.

James Anderson can't be picked.

Which draft would you prefer (ODI one or Jimmy one)?

capt_Luffy

International Captain

The Jimmy 5/6 Draft

Very simple idea.
All 11 players picked must have played in at least 1 test with or against James Anderson.

5 or 6 of the players must've played for England, and 5 or 6 must've played against England.

I think the Jimmy one will do better without this English limit, like the Bradman Connection Draft recently run by L&L. Just my opinion though, will play either way.

Teuton

International Captain

The Jimmy 5/6 Draft

Very simple idea.

I’d go in either. Don’t see the point of making Jimmy ineligible though.

Teuton

International Captain
I had a great idea for a draft. Just had it a bit too late and now it won't be relevant for another 4 years...

ataraxia

International Coach
Stupid draft ideas V3: you must pick one player from each of 11 countries (doesn't need to be a test-playing nation). Once you pick a player from that country, others must also pick from that country. (Details uncertain.)