• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

dinu23

International Debutant
Thanks Travis, Patrick. To tell u the truth I'm a bit relieved. My OD form was poor of late. That innings sure did wonders for me.
great bowling by u guys, Halsey and Cloete.

Cloete's doing more with the ball than with the bat. :p

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
bad luck boys we almost pulled that one off. well i'm finall back from the long injury... hopefull we can get the wheels in motion again

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hard luck there reds. pretty disappointed by my bowling, but impressed by my two consecutive sixes. we'll get em next time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saturday 5th March

CW Green v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Largely dismal batting by both sides was broken up by crucial innings, with Rob Dauth ultimately proving the difference between the two teams. Indeed, in a game where the two teams shared 24 single digit scores (including 8 ducks) Dauth scored a century and a total of 162 runs for but no dismissal.

Green batted first in seemingly good conditions, but two needless run outs provided an early setback. Kyle Wright then got in and he and Borcich had 3 wickets each as the visitors could manage only 167. In reply Red fought to 159/1, but a flurry of wickets, broken only by Markus' positive 39 enhanced the value of Dauth's knock. Ultimately Red made 259, with Cunningham and Timewell doing the major damage.

In Green's second turn at the crease, the story was a similar one. Feeney played for a very determined half-century at the top, but the middle order completely fell away and it took a partnership of 67 for the last wicket to even gain some respectability. Still, the target was set to only 82, which Red lost 5 wickets in chasing. Indeed, Dauth once again held firm to score almost half the runs and finish unbeaten at the end.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 167 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 259 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 173 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 82 for 5
Cricket Web Red won by 5 wkts.

Man of the Match: RJ Dauth

CW Black v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

The clutch bowling of Halsey removed 3 crucial second innings wickets to bowl Blue to victory over Black, even after the table toppers fought back admirably into the game. Camps won the toss and decided to bat first on the bouncy wicket at the PDV Dome. Fitzsimmons played well, but was out short of his half-century.

Camps continued though, and anchored the score of 359 with a solid half-century. Cloete and Young flowed in the top order, but the middle and lower order found momentum difficult to come by and the innings took nearly two days to complete. Responding, Black suffered early wickets, but Blackman and Dubb-Lynch got fifties, whilst Chaulk, Thompson and Bhatia made scores to push on to 298.

Already into the fourth day, Blue realized the need for quick runs, so Fitzsimmons started off with aggressive intent. He got to a half-century, but then was tied down before being bowled around his legs by Pickup. Of the other batsmen, de Silva got to 49 and Popat played for an unbeaten contribution when the tenth wicket fell.

Due their bowling, the Blacks had successfully positioned themselves for a genuine opportunity for victory opportunity, needing 248 runs. Blackman was LBW to a creeper from Patrick early, then Butler was out hooking - 43/2. Kearsley joined Ferd and the two played very cautiously in getting to 90, where the third wicket fell. It was the start of a clutter of 6 wickets for 44 runs and, despite earnest attempts from Chaulk and Richards to whittle down the score, it was too much of a task.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 359 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 298 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 186 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 179 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 68 runs.

Man of the Match: LA Camps

Attachments

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic win guys. One game closer to that finals spot.

I wonder how many of those catches that were dropped when I was batting were due to the fielders falling asleep during my blistering knock off 44 off 234 balls?

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
the dauthemeister rolls on... well done mate... the only guy who could be bothered batting in an otherwise poor display all round. Congrats to our bowlers who rectified the situation with clever bowling...

On a personal note the 39 in the first dig was satisfying considering the path of the game...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
great win for blue, we are hittnig our straps at the right time, mildly happy with my own performance, i guess i cant score a century in every innings, but 100 runs for the match is satisfactory...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Ahhhh, don't like the feeling of a loss. Once again I get a decent score, then get out, and then fail straight after. C'mon guys, pick it up.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Hrm, penetrationless first innings by myself..... much better second innings yet 4 catches going down off my bowling.... whats up guys? Can't handle the pace? ;)

Also I get to celebrate -another- golden pair for a match.

Extremely well played Liam, great bowling, was a pleasure to finally see you bowling great!
Also, well batted Liam, Dinu and Sean.

Bowled Tom, picked up some very handy wickets :)

Nath, you and I have to go bowl at that test dummy in the nets again, we need more opening spells with penetration, yeh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Travis_Teh said:
Nath, you and I have to go bowl at that test dummy in the nets again, we need more opening spells with penetration, yeh.
agreed bro. considering its ur first season, id be very happy with how you`re going so far, in fact, im happy for you :D i havent been good enough myself though, decent match by me, but well below par bowling first innings. *slaps self*

all the way Blues, well done Halsey, Liam (as always), De Silva (as always, always) :) keep it up boys, im gunna try for all the wickets I can in these last few games, for myself, for the Blues and for cricket in CW. lets go Demeza!