• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's the mark of a good team to be able to get results when playing badly - nice to see a two-win cushoin developed at the top now. Still, it's not over until it's over and our bowling will have to stand up and be counted when the Test series starts.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW Red v CW Black
at the SCG

Commanding innings from Chaulk and Kearsley set up a very competitive 277/4, which the Blacks were able to defend comfortably against CW Red. None of the Red bowlers truly threatened, and the batsmen largely failed to fire.

Rob Dauth, Sean Bennett and Kenny Dobson gave their pieces to the chase, but the middle and lower order could not keep up with the high required run rate toward the second half of the innings. Still, Mørk put in a not out to keep some dignity and capture a bonus point for Red.

Man of the Match: DA Kearsley

CW Green v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

On a difficult pitch to play shots, the Greens were inserted to bat first and struggled to a total of 217/9. Brendon Goff, Rob Malone and Anthony Lezama played decent innings in the middle order, but no one showed the stickability required against some exceptional Blue bowling.

Travis Demeza claimed 3 wickets, but Halsey and Cloete shared 3 in 20 economical overs amidst a pace-favouring attack. Liam Camps was dismissed in Hoy's first over, but that was all the early joy, as de Silva and Cloete consolidated past the 50 mark. The latter was out playing across the line, yet de Silva continued to play his strokes with calm confidence.

Crampton and Fitzsimmons played solidly alongside the rookie, then Dylan Jellett got time enough to strike a couple of boundaries in seeing the game home. Just short of a century, de Silva finished not out.

Man of the Match: MW de Silva

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Code:
[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Green	17	10	7	9	49	0.16
Cricket Web Black	17	10	7	8	48	0.16
Cricket Web Red		17	8	9	6	38	-0.24
Cricket Web Blue	17	6	11	11	35	-0.08

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
thats a great performance there blacks, Chaulky & Kears tearin' it up, Hingy with some 'tastic bowling. Top of the table isn't far away.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hmm again noone did that badly, just noone did that well, we really need to lift our game guys, that huge lead is down to 1 point now :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
thats a great performance there blacks, Chaulky & Kears tearin' it up, Hingy with some 'tastic bowling. Top of the table isn't far away.
Another top effort - come on guys, lets keep this form going - the treble's on.

How many games per season, Liam? 24?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
another lose guys, that total just was not enought to compete with.............middle order did well but no one really went on with it...........i think we need to find a certain level in our batting line up too many changes and trying things out is costing our team and our form and we are loosing it all........at the wrong part of the season....

Cloete

International Captain
Nice effort Blue. We've just gotta keep this form up.

I'm gutted with my OD form this season. But atleast I was some value to the team in bowling 10 overs 1/36. Halsey also managed 10 overs 2/36 and Demeza was crucial once again in taking 3 wickets. But it's good to form a spin duo with Halsey!

Let's win the next Five Day game as well Blue!

Simon

good win from blue, im pretty happy with my 1d form to be honest, maybe i can start working on my batting average there soon ;)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally the 72 was pleasing, and I don't think our 253 was poor by any standards, but the bowling was a little poor. GO REDS!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really solid performance guys. After a shaky start with the ball we really got back on track and did well. Halsey and I strangled their run rate through the middle overs and then Cloete followed on from there and Travis came back to pick up some wickets at the end.

Great batting to de Silva to guide us home with no troubles as well. Let's keep it up.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
great win boys, sorry bout the crap bowling. hasnt been a good season for me at all! lets hope i can change that in the next few games...

well batted AGAIN De Silva!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Great stuff Blacks.... yay im back to some form.. that my career high score for OD.... just wish i could have got a ton lol.. great stuff blacks.