• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Don

State Vice-Captain
hey i do skate to work.its fun.and if the blacks had won we wud just take it as is and moved on to the final as age said.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
This would have been perfect for Liam to reveal that Black actually did beat Red, while Green still lost, and due to the Greens support of ignoring the mess-up, Black finish on top of the 5D table... :p

Dydl

International Debutant
Well, I am really confused.

And is there going to be a rematch??

Apart from that, happy with my 105 and 87 in respective innings.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Neil accepts the situation. Not completely willingly, but I think he's moved on somewhat.

No rematch scheduled at this time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 18th March

CW Green vs. CW Black
at the SCG

Chris Broadbent was at his fiery best, but Cricket Web Green recovered from a 2-wicket first over to post 256/8, a total which allowed a graceful enough loss to secure the One Day Title. Indeed, Broadbent took 3 early wickets and 5 in total, but a lower order fightback rescued Green's chances.

Craig Walsh found a pleasantly surprising partner in young Armstrong, playing just his second List-A OD game. Both batsmen scored quality half-centuries, with the latter unbeaten at the end. In the chase the goal for Black was clear - win quickly. Loc and Chaulk started well with 36 runs from the first 6 overs, but Loc flirted at Timewell outside offstump an over later and was caught behind.

Butler came in and he and Chaulk tried to keep the runs flowing, but with the desperation of the task, both succumbed to the pressure. Chaulk first swatted Cunningham straight to midwicket, then Butler was prey to a stunning catch by Towns at backward point. Kearsley then batted with Simon Jones and the two showed a definite awareness of the goal.

Kearsley looked in flowing form and well on his way, when he was brilliantly run out by Towns' pickup and throw from backward point. At 151/4, the task was suddenly much harder. Garven capitalized on the situation and got Mohammed to sky a catch to the deep, before dismissing Hing caught behind down the legside - 166/6. The dream eroded further with Thompson's dismissal, the bowler Hoy. At 191/7 the chase looked bleak, but the youthful exuberance of Jones kept Black with hope.

He and Bhatia picked their strategy of improvisation and persisted in shuffling across the crease and wearing out the loft and paddle shots. The search was still on for victory and a bonus point, but the Blacks just could not hang on at the end. Jones and Bhatia were out in consecutive overs and, despite an uncanny knock of 12 not out by Broadbent to seal the game, Green hung on for the point and the title.

It was all smiles in the Green camp even after Broadbent drove Timewell to the ropes to seal the victory. Following up a hard-earned 5D Title, the Greens add OD Champions to their shelf.

Man of the Match: CM Broadbent

CW Red vs. CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

A devastating hundred by Ian Markus inflicted one more Season 8 defeat upon Cricket Web Blue for good measure, although in a good contest. For Blue, de Silva and Young scored pleasant half-centuries, the latter celebrating a Test recall, and Tucker and Currie scored good lower order runs to recover from great middle-over bowling by Robbins and Bennett.

Blue moved to 257/8 in 50 overs, but it was not enough. Red came out in a carefree mood and the batsmen played with complete freedom. Nath Patrick bowled a good spell, but few other bowlers backed it up. Markus and Dauth wasted no time in chipping into the spinners and scored heavily in their opening overs.

Harris pulled things back well for Blue, but was victim to the charge of Markus at the end of his spell. The CW XI international took 24 of the 29 runs surrendered in Harris' last 3 overs. At the other end of the sway, Loganathan started poorly but came back well at the end, taking 2 wickets for 26 runs in his last 4 overs.

Camps dismissed Markus before the end, but Dobson played calmly to the target, with 27 balls remaining.

Man of the Match: I Markus

Attachments

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ahhhh what a crap way to finish off! i bowled averagely, shouldnt have been that expensive really. :)

good season Blues, well done rookies, you really shined for us! :D

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
very happy with the win and my own performance their guys.. the 115 was a fine way to finish a season off and the good form shown by everyone in that last game was just great. keep it all up boys

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent batting there Markus, good win to cap off a mediocre season. Let's focus now on the post season and the various charity games.

GO REDS

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good win blacks.. just a shame we couldnt win with the bonus point. (wouldve been very hard to do so with that score from greens) lets beat them in the finals now.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hmm tough loss there, lets put it down to the excitment after getting the bonus point ;)

great job so far guys, lets finish the job in the finals :)

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Register Player

Hi im new to this i was wondering if this is where u register a player. If so here are my details.
Signup form.

First Name: Thamba
Last Name: Mamesh
Initials: T Mamesh
Handedness: RHB
Keeper? Yes
Bowling: Right Arm Fast
General Batting position (1-11): Opener

Batting Avge: 41.98 (FC), 38.21 (1D)
Bowling Avge: 21.72 (FC), 22.45 (1D)
Bowling Econ. (optional): 4.26 (FC), 5.41 (1D)

Batting SR (FC cricket): 80.24
Fielding rating: 27

Email Address: new_age@cricketmail.net

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Don said:
hey another me.thamba wat do u wanna do more bowl or keep.cuz u wont get to do both.
Well back home in Sri Lanka i used to play more as a batting all rounder, cus i was a allot faster then guys there. But since i've been playing in Australia i've played more as a batsmen, or keeper batsmen. Cus the guys are better at facing bowlers of my pace and im only as fast as the other guys. But im not sure which one i want to to do for, this game. I'll have a think about it, is there no chance of doing both. :D

TBH im more of a batsmen who can bowl and keep a little bit. I have no accuracy and i can't keep to spinners.