• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

masterblaster

International Captain
Top notch effort there Blacks. Now THAT is what we're made of, and that's what we're capable of.

Lets get it right more consistently, as we were during the start of the season.

cbuts

International Debutant
was i captin again? if i was yea 2/2 cheers boys. nice partnership rich, well played bud. cant say i have been to fond of opening, havent had much form since i gone there, but a nice 50 no might help to chagne things

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Being the leading wicket-taker among CW teams, your job is pretty safe.
You kidding right? Most games i remember invole going for 25 off 2 overs and then geting sent by age to the boundry....sure i have gotten a wicket here and there but didn't think anywhere near that many. :huh:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what happened, Reds??????

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Blue at the PDV Dome
1st OD matchup of the season!

CW Black XI: Master Blaster (C), C Buts (vc), Ryan (wk), Rich_2001, Vishnu Reddy, Chris Broadbent, Chris Hinton, Superkingdave, Yasa Fayaz, BK Smith, David Kearsley.

CW Blue XI: Mr Mxyzptlk (C), Tom Halsey (vc), Dylan Jellett (wk), Bluefox, Nath Patrick, Paid the Umpire, Adam, StUEy, Craig, Langeveldt, Sudeep.

Pitch: Quick pitch as is typical of PDV Dome.
Toss: CW Blue, bat

CW Blue
How OUT:
Craig - yorked by a low full toss
StUEy - flashed hard off the edge to wide lone slip
Paid the Umpire - played on coming forward in defence
Sudeep - beaten on the backfoot, LBW but ball may have been high
Langeveldt - attempted flick, leading edge all the way to deep point
Dylan Jellett - bowled through the gate driving
Mr Mxyzptlk - pushed at one in the corridor, edged to lone slip
Bluefox - hit meekly back off a good length, caught and bowled
Tom Halsey - uppercut caught well at third man
Adam - slow foot movement, trapped LBW
Nath Patrick - not out

CW Black
How OUT:
Rich_2001 - top-edged slog sweep, caught right back at deep midwicket
C Buts - slog sweep into the hands of short midwicket
BK Smith - outside edge looking to work to leg', caught at slip
David Kearsley - not out
Yasa Fayaz - not out

CRICKET WEB BLUE 202 44.5 overs
CW BLACK 203/3 39.3 overs

CW Black won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Yasa Fayaz

Daily Blast Comment: Dominance by Black in this one. Blue fought initially with an opening stand of 131, but then the dominance set in. First Black took 10 wickets for 71 runs, then forced their point home with some effective top order batting, winning by 7 wickets without exposing the questionable lower order to any pressure. True to form, Yasa Fayaz took another Man of the Match for a solid unbeaten knock (including the winning runs) and two cheap yet extremely crucial wickets.

---

Australia A v England A at the MCG

ENGLAND 'A' 266/9 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 267/8 45.0 overs

Australia 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Nathan Hauritz

Attachments

masterblaster

International Captain
Brilliant effort Blacks, it was a pleasure captaining and thanks to everybody for a solid contribution towards a good win.

Personally, I was very pleased with my bowling effort and everybody backed up really well. It was so sweet to beat those Blues.

Well done to all.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Great effort guys...well played:D Superb win...

My career seems to be ever-flopping downhill...the main points of my career seem to be as follows:

1/ Play very well in Dev cricket for season or two
2/ Get selected for CW XI and remain for 2-3 series.
3/ Get dropped from CW XI
4/ Play well at CW Red
5/ Move to CW Black
6/ Play below average for CW Black
7/ Dropped from Dev cricket:(

That just about sums up my career;)