• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUST_HiTMaN said:
LOL Simon! Look who's talking.

And Alex I didnt say expect to be kinda crap,... not in those words. I said expect to be a bit inconsistant to start off with, then once you got your base after a few games you can look to improve. But i trust you wont go backwards, like our mate Simon over here has...
backwards, i believe my most recent score of 129 not out, selectors look here, says im going fowards....

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Waughney said:
No, Dave's told me to expect to be kinda crap....
You can't expect to be crap.I started off hot in my first season and carried it throughout to get named to the CWXI squad.I did have some rough patches but the ball is round so......

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Great to be back in the Devs for a good run this season..

The Green team looks strong and im sure we can show our class and really give this comp a shake......

Looking forward to the 25 over slog very very much...
I'm not sure what it is but for some reason I have a tendancy to completely agree with Blyew here :D

Green have a great chance and I very much look forward (If I get the chance) to not only batting with Blewy in particular and also lord, but also bowling with Halsey(hopefully). I'm also in outrage about these shocking ground conditions and I feel jipped, being a bad bowler as I am I need as much help as possible to bring down my average :p! Either that or alot of bowling against Simon!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cloete said:
I'm not sure what it is but for some reason I have a tendancy to completely agree with Blyew here :D

Green have a great chance and I very much look forward (If I get the chance) to not only batting with Blewy in particular and also lord, but also bowling with Halsey(hopefully). I'm also in outrage about these shocking ground conditions and I feel jipped, being a bad bowler as I am I need as much help as possible to bring down my average :p! Either that or alot of bowling against Simon!
**NEWSFLASH** halsey is a blue mate. unless ur talking about CWXI.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Green have a great chance and I very much look forward (If I get the chance) to not only batting with Blewy in particular and also lord, but also bowling with Halsey(hopefully). I'm also in outrage about these shocking ground conditions and I feel jipped, being a bad bowler as I am I need as much help as possible to bring down my average ! Either that or alot of bowling against Simon!
thats if you get to roll your arm :P

Simon

Cloete said:
Which was what I had implied many times in that post ;)
but if you do im gonna hammer you, this is gonna be a huge season for me, i just know it :D

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
roseboy64 said:
You can't expect to be crap.I started off hot in my first season and carried it throughout to get named to the CWXI squad.I did have some rough patches but the ball is round so......
Alex, make sure you never get a head as big as Rose's, then you will be alright. :happy: :p

Rose didnt have a peachy start to his career as he suggests Here are some stats from the Pre World Cup Tourny that was held before last season:

3 Wickets @ 41.33. SR: 59.60. BB: 2/32

Since then he has been on fire, but those stats suggests he was rather inconsistant, as I was (still am :P) when i started playing. That is what i told you Alex, not that you will expect to be crap!

Hope that clears things up a little.

Last edited:

Waughney

International Debutant
Waughney said:
No, Dave's told me to expect to be kinda crap....
Time to set this straight. Dave did explain everthing to me very well and said that newbie's (like myself) can have inconsistent starts not that they will be crap. My mistake.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Waughney said:
Time to set this straight. Dave did explain everthing to me very well and said that newbie's (like myself) can have inconsistent starts not that they will be crap. My mistake.
Does it really matter? Just sit back and enjoy the season.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
lord_of_darkness said:
whoops Major Mistake.. i didnt notice that.. yeh add that to the power.. i reckon 7 people can easily cauz chaos..
The Blues are quite blatantly gonna whoop yo ass!

Neil Pickup

Waughney said:
Do the Greens have a volunteer to help Alex put his pads on and tie his shoes up before the games? I hear he's just about mastered Velcro but lace-ups are still proving tricky.

I'm honoured to be named as CW Black skipper and look forward to building upon my short but successful captaincy record (one game in charge of the As in the original Dev League, I think.. Liam?!) and I feel that the squad is one, that while lacking superstars like Blewy and Cloete, has the depth and spirit to carry off silverware this season.

I would, however, like to register my complaint at the shocking state of the pitches - especially the PDV Dome. Leg spin is so popular in the nation at present (with Halsey replica shirts now accounting for 3.7% of total CWXI sales to accompany the 21.4% in my name), it's a sad sight. I can only hope that as the sun shines on the country, the pitches will dry out and turn!