• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
let's keep on marching forward redlets.

Australia threw their best at us but we ate their johnsons. it's so good to finally be winning games and winning them consistantly.

Personally it was great to see my good mate Dave shine like the bowler he is again. well done mate. That'll stick it to 'em.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
RE: the new schedule, aren't 'Blacks' supposed to be playing Sri Lanka today - 6th October? we are listed as playing Eng A OD
Yep. That actually occured to me in a dream last night :blink: (the CW XI is taking over my life!)

As such, the game...

Australia A vs CW Black OD SCG

... has been rescheduled to Saturday 16th October.

The CW Black v Sri Lankans game goes on as initially scheduled.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Black v Sri Lankans

Team to play...

Eclipse
Ferd
Ash Chaulk (wk)
BK Smith
C Buts
David Kearsley
Yasa Fayaz
Superkingdave
Master Blaster (vc)
Chris Broadbent
Neil Pickup (C)

Rich_2001 the only one resting from a full-strength side.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Great result there Reds. A few failures, but those that failed in 1 innings, backed it up with a decent score in the other innings, which is good to see.

Bowling was awsome, 4 seamers (IK Jr, DK, MW and Myself) all contributed strongly for the match, which is great, meaning we dont have to rely on our part timers to take wickets.

Pretty amazed at getting 46, despite being dropped twice, i'll take it.

Lets continue this run and hopefully stick it up the Grenies in the 5D tables. Only 15 points behind, a few wins and theres nothing between the 2 teams.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Wednesday 6th October

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Blue at the PDV Dome

CRICKET WEB BLUE 210 46.0 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 211/3 37.4 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Blewy

---

Cricket Web Red v England A at the MCG

ENGLAND 'A' 208 43.5 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 209/6 38.2 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Jagaways

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
Nice win Red's, good to finally see consistency from myself in the one dayers after a dubious start to my OD season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Superman Blewy continues his good form :)

This one was set up by some great bowling from Rose and Hoy, both conceeding less that 4rpo and taking wickets.

Cloete and Waughney got s off to a great start before blewy came in and annhialated everyone he faced. both falling not to far short of the end leaving myself and Lezama to finish the game off.

good win boys :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

David said:
Nice win Red's, good to finally see consistency from myself in the one dayers after a dubious start to my OD season.
Yes, I was noticing that whilst updating the averages this evening. Very impressive as your bowling is now down to 25podd and your economy has dipped below 5. Given your extremely rough start, top effort.

Mr Mxyzptlk

OD Standings

OD Standings attached. Good race.

Though the Reds are technically on top the table, the Blues, Blacks and Australians all have more games in hand, meaning that ultimately the fate of the Reds will be in the hands of the other teams.

If CW Red wins its final two OD games of the season, both against Australia A, the Aussies will have to win 3 of 4 games to tie with them on 360 points. Thus 4 wins in Aus A's final 6 games will knock Red a spot down.

CW Blue 4 wins in 4 games to pass Red on points, assuming that the Reds win their final 2 games. CW Black is actually the best placed of the OD teams, as they have 6 games in hand and are just a win behind the Reds, despite being in 4th.

With 3 Blue v Black OD games remaining for the season, the end could be extremely tight and net run rate may well play a big hand.

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win there Reds, the bowlers combined very well and bowled as a team, all doing their job.

The batsman batted well in partnerships and chased the total rather easily in the end I think.

Ian seems to have lost form with the lack of resposibility, bit of a shame after he was doing so well.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk, do u have msn. and can i please add u?

p.s what is your adress.

i mite already have u on there but im just checking to be sure.