• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Ranks the Bowlers

adharcric

International Coach
1. Wasim
2. Garner

Wasim - 17
Trueman - 13
Garner - 6
Waqar - 5
Lindwall - 4
Larwood - 3
Laker/Grimmett - 2 each
Thomson/Donald/Holding - 1 each

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
1- Lillee

Poor management cost him an extra 100 test wickets IMO.

There are about 15 bowlers ranked No. 2, but it's hard to compare a swinger like Waqar Younis to Curtly Ambrose even if both could make you look stupid with 1 delivery.

adharcric

International Coach
1- Lillee

Poor management cost him an extra 100 test wickets IMO.

There are about 15 bowlers ranked No. 2, but it's hard to compare a swinger like Waqar Younis to Curtly Ambrose even if both could make you look stupid with 1 delivery.
Lillee's already in at #8, we're currently voting for #11 (you're supposed to provide a primary as well as secondary choice) - go back a few pages for the current list.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Garner
Wasim

Wouldn't mind those two opening the bowling for my all-time World XI (in ODIs definitely; in Tests maybe)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Wasim is getting a truckload of votes, and Davidson strangely isn't getting any. So, my primary vote goes to Davidson, and secondary to Wasim (wouldn't mind to vote the other way).

1. Allan Davidson
2. Wasim Akram

And yes, I give up on Lohmann, at last. The Lohmanns and the Spofforths aren't being liked by today's cricket-lovers, somehow (or they don't want to vote for nineteenth century cricketers, which is not true as Grace is at no. 6 in the batsman's thread)

adharcric

International Coach
Wasim - 22
Trueman - 16
Garner - 10
Waqar - 5
Lindwall - 5
Larwood - 3
Laker/Grimmett/Davidson - 2 each
Thomson/Donald/Holding - 1 each