• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Battrick XI

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Probably not up to the usual standard, but while we wait for better to be posted up here...:

Dirk Katleho (1578939)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Plays For: Cymru Gurgitaters
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 15,196
Wages: £3,858 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: superb Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

On two bowling nets, and I reckon he's around a third of the way up Sup. Depends what else is around - Actually think Benamar, 18YO mid/high Strong/Comp RFM has more of a chance, either later this season or next.

BTW, when you see people say "He's Elite+ or Elite+2" Etc, is this actually reflected on their player page, or do you have to work it out yourself, according to their wages, BTR and training? Having never had such a player, I'm kind'a in the dark.

Tar, Trev

PY

International Coach
It's a reference to how many weeks they've had of training in that particular skill once they've popped to elite.

So I have a remarkable-elite bowler who I know received several nets once he'd popped to elite consistency, before I bought him, so I usually mark him as elite++ (an unknown number). Others will know because they've been training these players and have counted nets.

That's how I interpret it anyway?!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How far is Henry off?

Craig Henry (937253)

RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Part of the Australia squad
Plays For: Got Spin
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 143,375
Wages: £67,994 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: woeful Concentration: strong
Bowling: masterful Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: quality

His a spinner atleast!
Might replace Canning or Towse in the 2nd XI side.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Matthew Wilberforce - 19 yo, BT Rating=18,052
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Bobisback

International Regular
It's a reference to how many weeks they've had of training in that particular skill once they've popped to elite.

So I have a remarkable-elite bowler who I know received several nets once he'd popped to elite consistency, before I bought him, so I usually mark him as elite++ (an unknown number). Others will know because they've been training these players and have counted nets.

That's how I interpret it anyway?!
Its not how many weeks, its how many times the Elite has gone green. So Elite+4 is really skill level 24, etc.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
30. Arthur Greene - 19 yo, BT Rating=18,707
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: worthless

28. Pete Bardle - 19 yo, BT Rating=25,106
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: competent Concentration: strong
Bowling: woeful Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

PY

International Coach
Its not how many weeks, its how many times the Elite has gone green. So Elite+4 is really skill level 24, etc.
Ah right, I don't have membership so wouldn't know that.

Good job I don't have many players who're elite then or else I'd have been misleading people. :p

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Noon Update

Brad Noon - 19 yo, BT Rating=53,629
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: proficient

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Code:
U19 XI + drinks carrier
Gene Brinkhuys      Four Pillars         Remark/Prof                        Mediocre
Indeever Dangasela  Sad Decadent XI      Quality/Prof                       Proficient   
Matthew Wilberforce Tawonga Tigers       Quality/Prof                       Mediocre     
N Warnakulasuriya   Tamil Eelam CC       Quality/Strong   Quality/Resp      Strong       LHS
Joe Clements        Jamees 999ers        Strong/Strong                      Strong
G Kahapalaarachchi  Boggles              Superb/Med                         Competent
Peter Bardle        Brackenhurst         Competent/Strong Quality WK        Competent                  
Christopher Meadows Dynamo Morpork       Mediocre/Med     Quality/Prof      Competent    RM 
Arthur Greene       Brackenhurst         Abysmal/Worth    Superb/Strong     Competent    LHS
Brad Noon           Victoria Panthers    Worth/Mediocre   Wonderful/Remark  Superb       RFM  
Darren Piercy       Beard XI             Worth/Worth      Quality/Strong    Mediocre     LHS
---
Dirk Katleho        Cymru Gurgitaters    Woeful/Abysmal   Superb/Comp       Respectable  RF
Katleho worth considering on a green wicket. Also, could do with a batsman to replace Bardle as Kaha'chi keeps too.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Could Barrass be 12th man?

Devon Barrass - 19 yo, BT Rating=15,310
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: proficient

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Billy Cherry - 19 yo, BT Rating=18,187
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: respectable
Fielding: competent

12th man with the added fielding :happy:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure one of the 'i have a gun trainee' posters had an 18yo quality batsmen from last season. Rai also had a batsmen as well around 18yo superb from memory.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
U19 XI + drinks carrier
Gene Brinkhuys      Four Pillars         Remark/Prof                        Mediocre
Indeever Dangasela  Sad Decadent XI      Remark/Strong                       Proficient   
Matthew Wilberforce Tawonga Tigers       Quality/Prof                       Mediocre     
N Warnakulasuriya   Tamil Eelam CC       Quality/Strong   Quality/Resp      Strong       LHS
Joe Clements        Jamees 999ers        Strong/Strong                      Strong
G Kahapalaarachchi  Boggles              Superb/Med                         Competent
Bryan Bond           Connells Estates         Strong/Comp    Quality/Resp     Resp    LM
Peter Bardle        Brackenhurst         Competent/Strong Quality WK        Competent                  
Christopher Meadows Dynamo Morpork       Mediocre/Med     Quality/Prof      Competent    RM 
Brad Noon           Victoria Panthers    Worth/Mediocre   Wonderful/Remark  Superb       RFM  
Darren Piercy       Beard XI             Worth/Worth      Quality/Strong    Mediocre     LHS
---
Dirk Katleho        Cymru Gurgitaters    Woeful/Abysmal   Superb/Comp       Respectable  RF

4. Rabiya Candappa - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,894
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Contending with G Kahapalaarachchi here. He's got an extra level of Concentration and Stamina, but one less Batting. Probably retain Khapalaarachchi I guess, but Candappa may come into contention later on - particularly next year. Possible captain with his 'Strong' captaincy skill??

I also have this guy to fill an all-rounder slot - replaces Green I feel.

11. Bryan Bond - 19 yo, BT Rating=30,626
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: strong Concentration: competent
Bowling: quality Consistency: respectable
Fielding: competent

Also this guy to consider, though I think he's probably needing another bowling pop first:

12. Stuart Batty - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,988
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: strong Consistency: strong

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
U19 XI + drinks carrier
Indeever Dangasela  Sad Decadent XI      Remark/Strong                       Proficient   
Rabiya Candappa     Connells Estates      Superb/Resp                        Resp
Bryan Bond          Connells Estates       Strong/Comp    Quality/Resp     Resp    LM
---
Another update?

Candappa increased to 'superb' batting today. Displaces Kahapalaarachchi now I reckon

4. Rabiya Candappa - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,894
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: Superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
11. Danny Turner - 19 yo, BT Rating=25,544
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: respectable

Good enough for 12th man? His stamina might even get him in over Piercy on a cracked/uneven wicket.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Personally I'd take Piercy's extra level and a half(ish) of primary over the stamina, especially since he's a spinner (and the only one in the side at the moment). But then I'm biased, innit? :)