• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Congratulations* Brian Lara 10,000 Test Runs!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yet I still got burnt to hell :(

We got to the ground to hear that the Windies had decided to bat.

Great we thought, we'll see history.

Lara got pretty much a standing ovation waling out to bat.

Then he got bowled.

A strange feeling, a mixture of delight and despair!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well Lara finally reaches the mark and manages to glove the next ball but 2 into the slips.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Well Lara finally reaches the mark and manages to glove the next ball but 2 into the slips.
another great piece of bowling by Flintoff...one ball by Flintoff around that time was clocked at 94.3mph.

there really wasnt much Lara could have done about that one though

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Swervy said:
another great piece of bowling by Flintoff...one ball by Flintoff around that time was clocked at 94.3mph.

Since his ankle scare Flintoff seems to have turned himself into more of a strike bowler who will bowl QUICK for 5/6 overs than the Stock bowler he use to be of bowling 10 over spells of around 80-85mph

Swervy

International Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
Since his ankle scare Flintoff seems to have turned himself into more of a strike bowler who will bowl QUICK for 5/6 overs than the Stock bowler he use to be of bowling 10 over spells of around 80-85mph
its more a change in team strategy...he has now been told to go in and take wickets

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, it's far too simple for either of those.
The fact is, Flintoff's been getting the luck (since the Sri Lanka tour, before any of the aforementioned "influences") that people have been saying he must start getting for the last 2-and-a-half years over the course of the last 9 months.
I can't help feeling that'll change once he comes-up against Graeme and co.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:

There would have been if he hadn't lost sight of it yet again.
It is rather worrying that he's done that twice in the last 3 innings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, no-one's ever said he can bowl well, people have always just admitted he needs some luck.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
No, it's far too simple for either of those.
The fact is, Flintoff's been getting the luck (since the Sri Lanka tour, before any of the aforementioned "influences") that people have been saying he must start getting for the last 2-and-a-half years over the course of the last 9 months.

So, of course, you know more about the man than the man himself does?

I'm sorry, but I think I'll go with Flintoff's reasons rather than yours.