• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clever/Amusing Sledges you have heard while playing

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
33/3from3.3 said:
versus ST BEDES last week
i was opening and my bat partner just got bowld my best mate walks out at #3
the first ball is a short pitchd, slower 1 .

OPPO FIEDER: THIS IS GOOD BOYS WE GOT HM ON THE BACK FOOT
ME:OF CORSE HES ON DA BACK FOOT IT WS A SHORT BALL
(quite gud i thort)

versus SHIRLEY 1st game of the year
admitadly i ws prety sketchy but i was keepn it out i ws geting a few low sniks aswel. in 1 over i snikd 2 and both wer dropd thn i plonkd a sitter out to deep deeep deeeeeeeeeeeeep mid wicet (the boundrys wer massiv) tht ws put down i got 2 runs .nxt ball high fast at my head i duck it and it missd my head closely.

OPPO FIELDER: OOOOOOH HES WURRYD FELLAS

next bal yet another catch goes down in da slips.

ME:WELL I MITE BE WURRYD BUT YOU GUYS CANT CATCH

(im the genuin trash tawkr of my team)

versus BOYS HIGH 2 weeks ago
a bowler hits me in the chest with a bouncer it hurts like the hell but i carry on he comes over and spits on da ground next to me. 3 balls later 1 ball sits up and i drive it hits the bowler in the same spot it hit me he goes down and yes of corse i spit in his face and say I KNOW HOW U FEEL :D :D :D :D :D :D

I FEEL IT WAS VERY EFFECTIV

P.S. thank u andyc 4 telling me the chris cairns thng tht ws so mean and sick
As a self-confessed spelling nazi...that post has me quivering. :D

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Hazza said:
Whoa, I hope I never bowl to a batsman like you :blink:
I only hand it out to whoever gives it out if you just bowled it and hit me on the chest i wouldnt spit at you if you spat at me i would

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hmm, ever heard of the concept of being the bigger man?

There is no justification to spit in someone's face, ever IMO.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Hmm, ever heard of the concept of being the bigger man?
There is no justification to spit in someone's face, ever IMO.
YOU WOULD IF YOU SAW HIM
HAVE YOU EVER HERD OF THE CONCEPT OF SHUT UP

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
I have an embarrasing story, but its a cracker none the less.

Two weeks ago we were running through this team, and they had one wicket left. The new batsman strides out.. he has a bandage on one eye and only holds the bat with his left arm. We all thought it was a joke.

(Me) "Are you alright mate?"
"Yeah mate, just fine"

He proceeds to dig out everything we through at him, yorkers included. Sympathy took over and our bowlers just trundled in. Poor fella, its just mean we bowl full pace. Lets give the guy a fair go.

The captain asks me to warm up, as i can bowl straight and full to get the last wicket. This one-armed bloke digs out a decent yorker from myself and actually remains not out.
Good on him. Its good for cricket and sport to see a bloke like that compete.

As an opening batsman, i negotiated the first over by myself. No probs there.

But guess who is sharing the new ball... one-armed, one-eyed guy.
Although not quick, he amazingly gets the ball to in swing. I face a couple, and find it hard not to get put off by his non-bowling arm wobbling around when he is charging in.

He bowls a ball at goodish length, and it just rears up. I poke a catch to 1st slip.
The guys ends up getting then only other wicket to fall, and finishes with 7 overs, 2 for 30.

How embarrasing.

It backs up Steve's story.. never take any player for granted. But with one arm...

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
One-armed cricketers! Argh!

Playing U-16s, I was bowling when this guy came in at 8. Only had one arm, everyone felt sorry for the guy. I bowl a slower ball, hits me for four. Another slower one, another four. End of my over. At the other end, he hits 19 off an over.

He hit 43, 44? but we won quite comfortably.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
One-armed cricketers! Argh!

Playing U-16s, I was bowling when this guy came in at 8. Only had one arm, everyone felt sorry for the guy. I bowl a slower ball, hits me for four. Another slower one, another four. End of my over. At the other end, he hits 19 off an over.

He hit 43, 44? but we won quite comfortably.
Did he use his top hand or bottom hand?