• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Cairns vs Flintoff?

Better Cricketer

• Cairns

• Flintoff

Results are only viewable after voting.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Other than Kumble and Srinath, did any indian bowlers reach 100 wickets from like '94-'01? IE where Kumble and Srinath held them together between Dev retiring and Harbie and Zaheer emerging

It was nearly a decade of really slim pickings. Prasad was decent for sure, but didn't even hit 100 wickets himself, a sign of a pretty inconsequential career
That Indian fans once pinned their hopes on Prasad to win games shows the poverty in Indian pace department at the time. I remember being Prasad fanboy for about 6 months after he took a 10-fer at Durban.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Since it keeps getting mentioned, I'd like to point out Cairns' 2 Zim tons came in '96 and '2000 an era I feel it's unfair to refer to them as minnows

Streak, Brandes and Paul Strang in '96

Streak, Olonga, Mbwanga and Paul Strang in '00

Not pushover attacks
all of those dudes bar streak are mediocre at best.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're not Rubel Hossain level minnow though which was my point. Hell most averaged about what Ventakash Prasad did