• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think we could do with a hint here otherwise I may get some choice abuses later :)

I refered to opposite ends of a LIST. That list is important to find the answer.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
I think we could do with a hint here otherwise I may get some choice abuses later :)

I refered to opposite ends of a LIST. That list is important to find the answer.
Is it an alphabetical list of openers :D ?

Is it related to Tests ?

If not, is it related to the World Cup ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it related to batting ?

If not , Is it related to performance on the field not related to batting ?

*** Clue Time *** ;) ;)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q10. Is it related to batting ?.....NO

Q11. If not , Is it related to performance on the field not related to batting ?.....NO (the list that is)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Haynes and Gavaskar are at the opposite ends of which list ?
Q1. Is it to do with openers and their percentage of hundreds, per innings?.....NO
Q2. Is it to do with highest and lowest bowling averages?....Yes
Q3. highest and lowest strike rates??.....NO
Q4.Most runs scored carrying their bat through (Dessie Haynes) and least runs scored Carrying the bat through (Sunny Gavaskar) in ODI's ?........NO
Q5. Most centuries carrying bat through and least centuries carrying bat through in ODis.......NO
Q6. Is it related to LOIs?.....NO
Q7. Is it the highest strike rate for an opener in ODIs (Dessie) v lowest strike rate for an opener in ODIs (Sunny) ? ....NO
Q8. Is it an alphabetical list of openers....NO

Q9. Is it related to Tests ?......YES
Q10. Is it related to batting ?.....NO
Q11. If not , Is it related to performance on the field not related to batting ?.....NO (the list that is)

Hint # 1 : I already said the list is important. This list contains ---- names. In this list there is a sub list. Haynes and Gavaskar are at the opposite ends of this sub-list !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
open365 said:
is it the highest/lowest bowling averages after a certain number of deliveries/matches?
NO'

PS I must comlete that hint. I was not sure of how many names were there and put in a blank to check later as I was typing and then forgot. Here it is. with the number in place :)

Hint # 1 : I already said the list is important. This list contains 33 names. In this list there is a sub list. Haynes and Gavaskar are at the opposite ends of this sub-list !

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonder if this has got anything to do with this so-called sub list -

Desmond Haynes -bowled 18 balls, Average 8.00, Strike rate 18.00 , Economy 2.66

Test Career Bowling (1980-1980/81)
Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave 5wI 10wM SRate Econ
West Indies 18 0 8 1 1-2 8.00 0 0 18.00 2.66

Sunil Gavaskar - bowled 380 balls, Average 206.00 , Strike rate 380.00, Economy 3.25

Test Career Bowling (1970/71-1986/87)
Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave 5wI 10wM SRate Econ
India 380 15 206 1 1-34 206.00 0 0 380.00 3.25

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Okay we will give it to you.

This is from the list of 33 players who have played 100 test matches or more.

Of these those who have bowled and got at least one test wicket, Haynes has the best bowling average at 8 and Gavaskar the worst at 206. :)

Sorry if it was a bit oblique

Your turn Jason.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

A record shared by an Indian and a Sri Lankan and extremely unlikely to be surpassed let alone equalled !! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
No questionss so far !! Can't be that bad !

Clue - it is a difficult record to get because of its limitations ! :)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
No questionss so far !! Can't be that bad !

Clue - it is a difficult record to get because of its limitations ! :)
I am becoming lazy I thought SJS or Tapi would come along and answer this one :blink:

Can we make SJS format please?

If yes is it a batting thing?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
I am becoming lazy I thought SJS or Tapi would come along and answer this one :blink:

Can we make SJS format please?

If yes is it a batting thing?
Q1 Is it a batting record ? yes :D