• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Such an easy question ... got thrown off by "strikers". All this schoolwork is getting to my brain.

QUESTION: I was born in Maharashtra, India. I had first-class batting average of over 40 and scored one Test century. However, I will be recognised more for my bowling, which many have said would have very been suited to one-day cricket had it been around. Who am I ?

Last edited:

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
GM Turner c Kanhai b Patterson 99

Where and when was this game and who was it against?

Yes it is Glen Turner, NZ batsman who averaged over 40 (one of the few...)

archie mac

International Coach
sirjeremy11 said:
GM Turner c Kanhai b Patterson 99

Where and when was this game and who was it against?

Yes it is Glen Turner, NZ batsman who averaged over 40 (one of the few...)
NZ V Tasmania Circa 1969/70

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Yes indeed.

New Zealand in Australia, 1969/70
Tasmania v New Zealanders
Tasmania C.A. Ground, Hobart
26,27,28 December 1969 (3-day match)

Over to you.

Even though my question DID ask where it was and you did not answer that... :p

NZ won the toss and batted first.

The REAL Boxing Day test that day was Aus v WI which the Aussies went on to win by an innings and 30 runs. The series finished 3-1 to Aus after the Windies won the first at Brisbane by 125 runs.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Bowling ?

Gees this is taking me ages
Any question that is worded vaguely in New Trivia format will take this long or even longer !!
Such a simple question can be made to look a tough nut cracker by making it vague - thats not a difficult thing to do. :D :happy:

archie mac

International Coach
sirjeremy11 said:
Yes indeed.
Over to you.
Even though my question DID ask where it was and you did not answer that... :p
My memory is not that good, sorry to say :wacko:

What thing did two great Yorkshire openers think they shared ?

Name the openers and the thing :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Any question that is worded vaguely in New Trivia format will take this long or even longer !!
Such a simple question can be made to look a tough nut cracker by making it vague - thats not a difficult thing to do. :D :happy:
I feel so stupid :p

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
What very rare feat did Keith Dabengwa (or whatever his name is) manage in the ongoing Test between Zims and NZ ?

The list of players who have done this is not documented, afaik. There are atleast two people who have done this, the last of which was West Indies' Carlisle Best.