• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Here's an easy one to kick start the thread, (the condition being that the person posting correct answer will post next question!!)

Question

What is the highest score without a bye being conceded and who was the keeper ?

And that takes me to 2000 !! :cheers: :jump: :drunk:
713/3 - Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe with Tatenda Taibu behind the stumps?

BTW, congratulations on the milestone! ;)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset said:
713/3 - Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe with Tatenda Taibu behind the stumps?

BTW, congratulations on the milestone! ;)
Correct, your turn to post question.

AND Thanks for the compliments, Mate.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset has gone away without posting question, for a fair while now, I will post another one as usual :naughty: !! : **ssed: :mad2: !!

Another easy one !! (Person answering this must post next question with the answer!! )

Question

Brisbane Test of 1982 achieved 2 records , one has subsequently been superseded but the other is still a record !! What are they ?

Sudeep

International Captain
JASON said:
Somerset has gone away without posting question, for a fair while now, I will post another one as usual :naughty: !! : **ssed: :mad2: !!

Another easy one !! (Person answering this must post next question with the answer!! )

Question

Brisbane Test of 1982 achieved 2 records , one has subsequently been superseded but the other is still a record !! What are they ?
Maximum number of catches by a side in a Test match - Australia (19).
Maximum number of extras in an innings by Australia ever (52), with 35 no-balls (another world record, rather an equalling one).

I'm not so sure of the answer, but yes I'll definitely be online later today as well. So worry not, I'll post a question if I'm right, within a few hours.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:

Question

As Sudeep has already mentioned, Australia were the first side to hold 19 catches in a Test. Australia established a national record by conceding 52 extras in an innings. England equalled the world record by bowling 35 no-balls in the same innings.

I think he is correct. However, if he is not:

Rod Marsh reached 300 catches, set an Ashes record by holding 6 in an innings, and equalled GRA Langley's Australian record of nine in a match.

Geoff Lawson became the first bowler to take 11 wickets in an Ashes Test at Brisbane.

Any of these?

A fairly eventful Test match, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sudeep said:
Maximum number of catches by a side in a Test match - Australia (19).
Maximum number of extras in an innings by Australia ever (52), with 35 no-balls (another world record, rather an equalling one).

I'm not so sure of the answer, but yes I'll definitely be online later today as well. So worry not, I'll post a question if I'm right, within a few hours.
Well done !! Correct ! Your turn ! :) :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this one should be easy

What feat are Lance Gibbs and Curtley Ambrose the only ones to achieve at Port-of-Spain?