• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Bookie

U19 12th Man
burkey_1988 said:
I got it!!! Eden Park
Well, thats correct, however I dont think anyone will get closer so I'll give it to you.

I was looking for Eden Park's record of being the ground with the most tests played to have more home losses than wins. (Eden Park is 8wins-14losses)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Bookie said:
Well, thats correct, however I dont think anyone will get closer so I'll give it to you.

I was looking for Eden Park's record of being the ground with the most tests played to have more home losses than wins. (Eden Park is 8wins-14losses)
Jade Stadium,Christ church is not much different. The following have worse win loss ratio than Eden Park !! :) :)

Jade Stadium
Wins 7 losses 15, draws 16 Total 38 Tests - Win Loss ratio would 7/15 much less than 8/14

Harare Sports Club - Home wins 5 ,losses 11, draws 8

Banghabandu National Stadium Home win 1 losses 9 draws 7

Queens Sports club, Bulawayo Home win 1 losses 7 draws 7

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Jade Stadium,Christ church is not much different. The following have worse win loss ratio than Eden Park !! :) :)

Jade Stadium
Wins 7 losses 15, draws 16 Total 38 Tests - Win Loss ratio would 7/15 much less than 8/14

Harare Sports Club - Home wins 5 ,losses 11, draws 8

Banghabandu National Stadium Home win 1 losses 9 draws 7

Queens Sports club, Bulawayo Home win 1 losses 7 draws 7
good to have u bak jason ... wanna post a question?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

He was called the "Bedser of ........... (his country) :) " was a phenomenal bowler. He and his bowling partner jointly did two things together . One was an exceptional achievement, never before done, and unlikely to be matched against Team A.

The second thing against Team B was absolutely disastrous, and something they would wish to forget.

Who is he ? Who is the bowling partner ? What were the achievements ( worthy, unparalleled one and the disastrous one) ? Who were the opposition on each occasion? :D :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dudeurfriend said:
Are they from asia????
Yes of course !! :) :D

(Only us Asians have the tendency to call people after white folk !! :laugh: :laugh: )

For instance have you ever heard of a white Headley or a White Sobers or even a Gavaskar of England or Sobers of Australia or even NZ :laugh: :laugh:

But we all have heard of Black Bradman etc.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset said:
Is the bowling partner Mahmood Hussain?
Half correct ! :laugh: :laugh:

Edit: Half only partially correct . ie, the correct half needs slight corruption to sound the correct name !! :D :D

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Half correct ! :laugh: :laugh:

Edit: Half only partially correct . ie, the correct half needs slight corruption to sound the correct name !! :D :D
EDIT: Ah, didn't see the edited clue, makes a little more sense.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
So what were the achievements ? :)
The Pair : Fazal Mehmood and Khan Mohammad

Positive Achievement:
In October 1956, at National Stadium, bowling unchanged in the first innings they bowled Australia out for 80 runs in the first innings.
Fazal 27 - 11- 34 - 6
Khan 26.1- 9 - 43 - 4

In the second innings they bowled 88. 5 overs between them, again taking all the ten wickets as Australia fell for 187.

Fazal 48 - 17 - 80 - 7
Khan 40.5 - 13 - 69 - 3

Negative Achievement :
Fifteen months later, in Feb 1958, bowling at Sabina Park, they were hit for a combined total of 506 runs (in one innings !!) for just two wickets between them as Sobers hit the world record score of 365 not out and Windies piled up 790 for 3.

Fazal 85.2 - 20 - 247 - 2
Khan 54 - 5 - 259 - 0

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
The Pair : Fazal Mehmood and Khan Mohammad

Positive Achievement:
In October 1956, at National Stadium, bowling unchanged in the first innings they bowled Australia out for 80 runs in the first innings.
Fazal 27 - 11- 34 - 6
Khan 26.1- 9 - 43 - 4

In the second innings they bowled 88. 5 overs between them, again taking all the ten wickets as Australia fell for 187.

Fazal 48 - 17 - 80 - 7
Khan 40.5 - 13 - 69 - 3

Negative Achievement :
Fifteen months later, in Feb 1958, bowling at Sabina Park, they were hit for a combined total of 506 runs (in one innings !!) for just two wickets between them as Sobers hit the world record score of 365 not out and Windies piled up 790 for 3.

Fazal 85.2 - 20 - 247 - 2
Khan 54 - 5 - 259 - 0

Wecome Back SJS !! Correct as usual on both counts !! :D :D

Your turn to post a question!!

Where've you been by the way ? Missed your exceptional knowledge and wise head on this thread as well as the forum in general !!

Edit : The Unprecedented nature of their bowling against Australia was that they were the only bowlers to do so on their first ever Test against Australia !!

No one else has done it on their first Test against Australia. As Pakistan are the only Country to have beaten Australia in their first ever Test against them !!

The negative is that they were the two bowlers who gave the most runs together in the same innings.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Wecome Back SJS !! Correct as usual on both counts !! :D :D

Your turn to post a question!!

Where've you been by the way ? Missed you exceptional knowledge and wise head on this thread as well as the forum in general !!
Hi Jason.

I was away to the land of the rising sun on work.

Just returned yesterday. A bit busy right now. Would welcome someone else posting a question please.