• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
I'll join in the fun and speed things up :)

>> Did this batsman play after World War II, just so we can get a better time frame?

Yes and he was born after the end of the second WW

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:
Timothy Lloyd?
Correct .
Not Timothy but Andy Lloyd (even though his first name was Timothy, he was better known as Andy)
OK your turn for next question

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

What is the record for the best all round performance by a Wicket Keeper in Tests ? Who holds it ?
(Anyone who answers this question must be prepared to post the next question, otherwise please do not attempt to answer it !!
:D :D )

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
what do you mean by best all round performance?
For a keeper best all round performance would be dismissals and scoring runs with the bat !! (Obviously the former is of greater significance than latter !!)

I am surprised though, that you, Burkey of all people is puzzled by this quesion ! :)

But believe me there is only one answer to this question. :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
I think you are looking for Denis Lindsay - 69 & 182 and 6+2 catches in a Test.
The answer I have is not that , because as I said previously Wicket keeping dismissals take precedence over runs scored.

While Lindsay's performance above must be regarded very highly, any incremental increase in Wicket keeping dismissals is given far greater value than runs.
So I am afraid Tapioca's answer is incorrect !! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Clue 2 - He equalled the then Test record for most dismissals in a Test twice in successive Tests !!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:
Amal Silva?
Yes.Yes. Yes. he made 111 opening the innings (in a score of 385 in the very first innings of the Test) and made 9 dismissals (8 caught 1 stumping). I quote from a book " Silva's century and nine dismissals were unprecedented feat by a wicket keeper in a Test Match" .

Your turn to ask next question .