• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

bryce

International Regular
Sudeep said:
Full Name: Llorne Gregory Howell

Major Teams: Canterbury, Central Districts, Auckland, New Zealand.

He's played 12 matches, but that's only three sides. :mellow:
you are correct, he played his first game for northern districts last week in a warm-up match vs the NZ Academy.

Sudeep

International Captain
What is the lowest number of fours hit in a century in ODI cricket, and by whom, against which team, and where and when?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Which Pakistani player has the highest batting average for World Cup matches only?

I won't be online to confirm the answer for a while, so if someone is sure of the answer, they can go ahead and ask the next question.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
Which Pakistani player has the highest batting average for World Cup matches only?

I won't be online to confirm the answer for a while, so if someone is sure of the answer, they can go ahead and ask the next question.
Ramiz Raja 53.85

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I'm back for a quick check, and SJS, that is incorrect.
A clue: It's not someone you would expect.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
I'm back for a quick check, and SJS, that is incorrect.
A clue: It's not someone you would expect.
Then it has to be someone who has played very few matches or scored very few runs.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
Correct!
Your turn now.
Three famous cricketers who have four things in common that no other cricketers have (all four that is) . Who are these and what did they have in common that is so uncommon ??

You can ask your 20 yes/no/not relevant questions :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Three famous cricketers who have four things in common that no other cricketers have (all four that is) . Who are these and what did they have in common that is so uncommon ??

You can ask your 20 yes/no/not relevant questions :p
SJS, I have created a new thread (called- New Cricket Trivia - SJS format)based on the new Rapid fire format you have suggested - you may have already seen it.

I think we should complete the current question on this thread and the honour of asking the next question on the new format (which will be the first question in the new thread) should be yours, as the person who suggested the new format and trialled it on this thread.

That way we have 2 threads going at the same time !!

What are your opinions on this ?

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
JASON said:
SJS, I have created a new thread (called- New Cricket Trivia - SJS format)based on the new Rapid fire format you have suggested - you may have already seen it.

I think we should complete the current question on this thread and the honour of asking the next question on the new format (which will be the first question in the new thread) should be yours, as the person who suggested the new format and trialled it on this thread.

That way we have 2 threads going at the same time !!

What are your opinions on this ?
:thumbs_up

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Since SJS has not been on the forum to continue with the last question I am posting this question in the interests of preventing this thread from being dormant. ( To all visitors to this thread, educated guesses are welcome, should you not be confident of your answer !!)

Question.

In the only instance kown where an umpire changed a decision from giving a batsman out to not out in a Test Match, the last ball of the second day's play was played down the pitch.The non-striker was (possibly thinking the play had ended and was) standing out-of his ground when a fielder threw down the non-striker's wicket and appealed and the batsman was given out.

However that evening following considerable discussions and meetings between the umpires, captains and officials the Appeal was withdrawn in the interests of cricket, and the decision reversed !!

Which Test , who are the individuals concerned !!

(Clue - the fielder is Channel 9 commentator, who captained his adopted country prior to moving down under and then being the organiser of another controversial cricket carnival)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Since SJS has not been on the forum to continue with the last question I am posting this question in the interests of preventing this thread from being dormant. ( To all visitors to this thread, educated guesses are welcome, should you not be confident of your answer !!)

Question.

In the only instance kown where an umpire changed a decision from giving a batsman out to not out in a Test Match, the last ball of the second day's play was played down the pitch.The non-striker was (possibly thinking the play had ended and was) standing out-of his ground when a fielder threw down the non-striker's wicket and appealed and the batsman was given out.

However that evening following considerable discussions and meetings between the umpires, captains and officials the Appeal was withdrawn in the interests of cricket, and the decision reversed !!

Which Test , who are the individuals concerned !!

(Clue - the fielder is Channel 9 commentator, who captained his adopted country prior to moving down under and then being the organiser of another controversial cricket carnival)
Good morning.

I am back. What do you want me to do now ?? :huh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Good morning.

I am back. What do you want me to do now ?? :huh:
We will go ahead with your question and ignore mine. Edited . We will finish your current question on this thread !