• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Better than a self-righteous prat who for some reason thinks their own **** doesn't stink.

Mighty rich coming from the poster who for some reason acts like they're suddenly gods gift to the forum, & somehow morally superior than everyone else. It's a mindbogglingly annoying style if you want to know the truth, yet you seem to think it's fine when you're an absolute condescending righteous **** to the likes of HB, ***** & Shri, which we see all the time, telling them off like they're school kids & correcting them as if you're the new Indian forum leader (as Jono joked about) & the world authority on all matters. lol. Only you seem to think it's perfectly okay when you do it, especially to other India posters, which I've always found a little bizarre. And I'm not referring to the comments that are obviously jokes between you guys either.

You also need to look at the definition of snide mate, If I've got any fault, it's that I'm too straight up & opinionated & I'll disagree with anyone if that's how I feel about an issue, regardless of who it is, which incidentally has always served me well in business. So if you want to call me out for that, I'll be happy to take it on the chin.

So I'll continue to post what I think & you carry on the way you post, but don't call me snide when I asked you a straight up question & since I've admittedly been giving Furball a good old-fashioned ribbing about the 4-0 result in the last couple of days, all in good fun. If you can't see the difference with that, I can't help further.

And BTW I don't really care that you treat those other guys in the manner you do or about your posting style, because they're big boys and can defend themselves & I'm more interested in your cricket arguments, but *** if I'm going to let you attack me, when you give it out as good as the next man.

I suggest for the sake of the forum if somebody annoys you, you place them on ignore rather than calling them an annoying prats, like you would on a school bus, unless of course you want to be attacked back, which I don't think is any good for the forum. Cheers.
Are you confusing OS with me?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting, can't say I've noticed any of those traits in the 2nd paragraph in OS.

I think CW in general is having a shocker since the Chennai test ended. Everyone needs to take a breather I reckon.

Attachments

Spark

Global Moderator

So, uh, maybe less spending pages and pages taking shots at each other from now on? Please thank you.

smash84

The Tiger King
No.. you said the pitches were "Ridiculously" slower and lower than regular Australian pitches and I am pointing out, they were not. But as per norm, you dont want to acknowledge facts as they prove you wrong. You just shifted goal posts by trying to temper the terms of the relative comparison and then saying they helped India. It was discussed ad nauseum in that tour thread that this Indian batting line up actually likes pace and bounce on the pitch and have honestly struggled more on dust bowls than on any hard and true bounce Australian pitch. But go on, pretend that those pitches were slow and low and otherwise Australia would have blown the opposition out... And that RSA only beat you because they got the conditions they wanted, coz CA clearly want to see Australia bundled out in 3 or 4 days and losing to 10 man teams. I understand cricket is something you cannot comprehend but you still gotta know you are making absolutely no sense.

Of course, you can continue to claim any other reason why teams have done well when touring Australia but you are just completely bat **** crazy insane and stupid and one eyed for believing any of that crap which has no factual basis whatsoever and is just an excuse you are giving to fool yourself (coz lets face it, that stupid argument ain't fooling any other reasonable poster here) to think that Australia are better than they have played at home recently. Cool dude, whatever floats your boat.

Nah.. RSA cant tour to play the Boxing Day or New Years' tests anymore and India can. Simple reason. Trust me, none of this stopped Sydney being a bouncy hard track in 2011, so its not like they cant prepare the decks they want based on where they are playing.

Explain the relative here. Which conditions are you comparing this to? And how much bounce is considered "Australian"? Those tracks had enough carry and pace compared to 2003 Aussie tracks that I saw and a few more since then too.

And I would love to see you or Spark (surely dont expect TJB to understand this part) explain how you can make a pitch "bounce" more without leaving some grass on there. You speak as if it is some independent factor which can be brought into the wicket at the snap of a finger. You need grass to bind the surface hard to get the high bounce and when you do that, you are leaving grass that can be exploited by good swing bowlers, unless the natural soil itself is hard in that city. That is the difference between the wickets you see at Brisbane and the ones you see at Perth and I recall Botham mentioning that even in Perth, they had to go dig up across Western Australia almost near the Gold Coast or somewhere to get the soil that had given the old WACA pitch its bounce. Its all nice to say others are "pretending" OS but there is no use in you pretending you understand cricket wickets too.

Depends on how you define "best". If it means #1 among the available sides, then there surely is a best team around at the moment. If it means being dominant everywhere and almost invincible, there have only been 3 or 4 across cricket history.

And you made fun of me when I said they were my #1 after that England series. :laugh:

You cant juust "create" pace and bounce on a wicket. Its more of a natural characteristic of the soil and the only way to artificially get it to do more is to get more grass in there which will inevitably suit the swing bowlers. I would rather face Australia in a proper seaming Brisbane or Perth wicket than the hard and bouncy roads we got in the 2014 series. Surely, it is less depressing to see our attack in those conditions than that 2014 series.
/15

Asia is a not a "small" part of any world - cricket or the actual world itself. But I think enough people have taken this post apart for me to bother. :p

Asia has 4 of the 10 cricket playing nations and if certain players and teams are gonna suck there, it means they pretty much suck at international cricket. THAT is neither subjective nor hard to understand yet you seem to think it is a matter of opinion. Kudos. For a person whose first language is English (unlike poor me) you certainly seem extremely challenged in comprehending it.

Will make more sense if all your players weren't queuing to make dough off the IPL.. :p Face it, Burgey, cricket was nothing before the subcontinent got crazy about it and it will be nothing if we dropped it tomorrow. THAT is the point that is pretty hard to argue against. :p
Wow, this is probably the longest post I have seen in CC in a while

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If I've got any fault, it's that I'm too straight up & opinionated & I'll disagree with anyone if that's how I feel about an issue, regardless of who it is, which incidentally has always served me well in business. So if you want to call me out for that, I'll be happy to take it on the chin.
Heh, Zinny still angling for a position in The Donald's cabinet. Let it go man, ain't gonna happen.