• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Rugby World Cup players

ripper868

International Coach
Fitzpatrick

This battle should have been the final IMO, i think winner of this will win the thing.

I say Eales, won the cup twice, once as captain, 3 finals is a hell of an achievment. (no aussie bias here either)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fitzpatrick & Eales both complete fairly comfortable wins, hard luck for Johnno as age said, but I think Eales was the greater all-round player. Woulda fancied Johnno in a fight tho. :p

Any old how, next up are:

Battle 5

David Campese (Australia)

vs

Jonah Lomu (New Zealand)

Battle 6

Jonny Wilkinson (England)

vs

Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland)

Battle 5 is real clash of the titans: Jonah the Whale & Campo go mano-a-mano for the right to be considered the finest wing of the modern age & in Battle 6 England's most reliable left boot faces Ireland's prince of the centre for the honour of representing the northern hemisphere in the quarters.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
David Campese (Australia) - Better all round player and actually won a WC
Jonny Wilkinson (England) - Not many players can care a side on their boot. England had a great forward pack and decent backline around him. But for me his performance in the last World Cup was best ever a single player.