• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Battle of the ARL/NRL Stars**

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Toovey goes through unfortunately...
next battle coming in a sec, it's a ripper too...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Battle #3

Stacey Jones vs Matt Sing

Stacey Jones 1995-2005 - Auckland Warriors
Rep Teams: New Zealand
First Grade Games: 238 (Warriors Club Record)
Premierships: None
Major Awards: NZ Player of the Year (1999 & 2002) & Golden Boot [Worlds Best Player] 2002.

Matt Sing 1993-2006 - Penrith Panthers, Sydney Roosters & North Qld Cowboys
Rep Teams: Queensland & Australia
First Grade Games: 247
Premierships: None
Major Awards: None. Third Leading tryscorer in NRL history

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
scored a million tries and saved about as many, if you're picking a dream team from 1995 onwards he's the first winger picked imo...
Maybe he would be ahead of Tahu, MacDougall etc, but more to do with his consistency. I would back others to win you a game, but if you needed someone to save you a game, i would go with Sing. But i can't see him getting close to Jones, was a class above.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sing doesn't deserve a whitewashing for mine, so can have a vote. Not setting world alight at Hull yet tho, in all honesty.

Jones must be close to setting the record for most international retirements/comebacks too, I'd have thought.