• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off-Season Thread (2010)

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I really don't want the aussie domestic scene to go the way of the IPL and be just about money and international players. That new big bash doesn't sound too terrible if the current clubs still exist just under their captial cities names. So long as they don't then introduce new clubs in the first couple of years and end up with 2 melbournes. One thing i like about australian domestic cricket is that the talent isn't spread too thinly. This is what is happening imo with the A-league soccer now and with the indian local players over in the IPL. New sides aren't constantly needed. Let the existing sides build a fan base and a history

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
I'd like the state associations to control their city teams.
West sydney and geelong most likely to qualify i'd like them to be franchises,influenced by their state association.
Maybe nsw spli their talent between 2 sides and same with the vics,both have most talent and west sydney could get players from canberra.
Dunno how the CA will make an even share of players between each club.

brockley

International Captain
. Book now
Read more...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top End Twenty20 Challenge
Fixture

Match Date (2010) Time Venue
Victorian Bushrangers v South Australian Redbacks Friday 27 August 2.30pm – 5.30pm TIO Stadium
Victorian Bushrangers v Queensland Bulls Saturday 28 August 10.30am - 1.30pm TIO Stadium
Queensland Bulls v South Australian Redbacks Saturday 28 August 2.30pm – 5.30pm TIO Stadium
South Australian Redbacks v Victorian Bushrangers Sunday 29 August 10.30am - 1.30pm TIO Stadium
Queensland Bulls v Victorian Bushrangers Sunday 29 August 2.30pm – 5.30pm TIO Stadium
South Australian Redbacks v Queensland Bulls Tuesday 31 August 10.30am- 1.30pm TIO Stadium
The northern territory cricket site copyright.
BTW paceman sean pieteresz who went to tasmania from victoria has returned,he played for tassie 2nd xl.

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Hey brockley what's that top end challenge? a warm up tournie for the state sides?
I hope they stream the scores to cricket australias site as they have nothing up about it now...

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Yep,warm up for the clt20.
SHOULD GIVE THE AUSSIE SIDES AN ADVANTAGE,QLD A STRONG T20 SIDE.
When they did this last year no coverage on cricinfo or cricket australia.
Last year it was tas,nsw and the viics.
All 20/20 games.
Am interested what trial games are happening for state teams this year,and is the state cup being run in nsw this year anyone know?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
The results for the Redbacks 20/20 games in Darwin are usually posted on the home site. The Australian Domestic season thread should be opened soon as well.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Kyle just turn this thread into aussie domestic season.
Yeh didn't think of shipperd,hope we keep mott.
I think we should start a new Domestic season thread because this thread has a lot of off season talk in it. I don't think posters would want to scroll through all these pages to get to the season talk, especially new members.