• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Street is just a filthy reminder isn't he, of how Renshaw used to and should be playing.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
With the gap In scheduling does marnus play the qld vs SA shield game? There's an odi vs new zealend on the 15th and the 20th, and the shield game runs from the 17th to the 20th, but the odi is day nigh.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With the gap In scheduling does marnus play the qld vs SA shield game? There's an odi vs new zealend on the 15th and the 20th, and the shield game runs from the 17th to the 20th, but the odi is day nigh.
No chance, doesn't work like that

Spikey

I like how Larkin made a higher than normal first innings score, so he made a duck in the 2nd innings to ensure his match average remained below 30

Midwinter

State Captain
Vics in a good position.

Bluebaggers have lost to the bottom team twice in the last three games

Last edited:

Burgey

NSW obviously missing the steadying hand of #Bertmentum in the middle order in the last two games. Undefeated this season in matches he's played.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Queensland threw this game so hard. 3 dropped catches at slip/third man, and they've bowled absolute Trosh since lunch.

SeamUp

International Coach
Will Sutherland. No great pace but he seems to pick up wickets with his bounce and some skill. How good is his batting ? A hitter or technically cricket sort of batsman ?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Will Sutherland. No great pace but he seems to pick up wickets with his bounce and some skill. How good is his batting ? A hitter or technically cricket sort of batsman ?
I don't think he's really decided yet. He tries to bat properly but all his success as an Under 19 international with the bat was when he was forced to tee off, and he hasn't had any success in state cricket trying to be more orthodox yet either. It seems like he wants to to be a technically correct batsman but it might not actually suit his strengths at this level. His batting is definitely a wait and see kind of thing.

SeamUp

International Coach
I don't think he's really decided yet. He tries to bat properly but all his success as an Under 19 international with the bat was when he was forced to tee off, and he hasn't had any success in state cricket trying to be more orthodox yet either. It seems like he wants to to be a technically correct batsman but it might not actually suit his strengths at this level. His batting is definitely a wait and see kind of thing.

I asked about the batting because there does seem to be belief that his batting has serious ability. Think I remember he was batting 4/5 for Australia u19s and scored runs when he was injured and couldn't bowl. If he can add a little consistency at senior level, that extra string to his bow he could really be in the Australia mix in the next couple years.

Certainly will be one to follow. Thanks mate.

stephen

Urgh. Does anyone else find it obscene that Victoria can waltz into second place having won less matches than Queensland?

SeamUp

International Coach
Vics have that perfect balance between good youth and good experience.

Got guys like Harris, Maddinson, Handcomb, Pattinson, Siddle, Tremain, Boland but on the other hand the 'best or better' youngsters of their generation in Australia in Pucovski, Fraser-McGurk and Sutherland.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I asked about the batting because there does seem to be belief that his batting has serious ability. Think I remember he was batting 4/5 for Australia u19s and scored runs when he was injured and couldn't bowl. If he can add a little consistency at senior level, that extra string to his bow he could really be in the Australia mix in the next couple years.

Certainly will be one to follow. Thanks mate.
Yeah I remember he scored a really fast ton against either Sri Lanka or Bangladesh at 4 or 5 when he couldn't bowl. I think he might have been captain then too.

He definitely takes it pretty seriously but it's not paying off for him at all at the moment; he's never really made runs in Futures/Second XI either. He'd almost definitely make more runs righty now if he tried to be a hitter IMO but he's taking a more long term view of it.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah how are Vic ahead of qld when qld have one more win and Vic have one more draw, can't put my head around it.

stephen

Yeah how are Vic ahead of qld when qld have one more win and Vic have one more draw, can't put my head around it.
It's all down to bonus points. Basically because Queensland haven't scored their runs fast enough (because Gabba vs MCG).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That's ****ing stupid my god, bonus points should not be that huge if a factor, its ridiculous that Queensland have an extra win to vics draw and Vic still have over a 10% lead on qld.