• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
So Tassie are 8/70 having only picked three proper bowlers, ITSTL

Even more bizarrely here in Adelaide, David Moody is actually in the middle of a pretty good spell

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its pretty hard to hit only 4 boundaries in 37 overs. Pitch is nice colour tbf, outfield not lightning.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Should Tasmania be axed and play in the Plunket Shield.

I dont think im setting qld up for an all out 94 btw.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't been watching qld vs tas but what is up with the gabba wicket today? Tas all out for 78 and bryce Street is 7 off 70. Is it just seeming all over the place?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Street bats slow and Tassie bat ****. Obviously the pitch could well be green given how exaggerated those facts of life have been today, but by themselves they don't prove heaps.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The pitch is super green after 5000 mL of rain over the last two weeks. It's also the first day of sunlight in just as long so it's about 780% humidity.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine being the bloke that comes in at 4/40 on a green seamer and gets out for 1 by flicking a full toss to get caught at midwicket. Just so happens to be the Test captain lol

stephen

Imagine being the bloke that comes in at 4/40 on a green seamer and gets out for 1 by flicking a full toss to get caught at midwicket. Just so happens to be the Test captain lol
Only wicket in front of square in the entire innings.

Gnske

When was the last time the Tasmanian Cricket team provided any sort of reasonable case to not be cancelled?

Also haha they suck

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Cooper bowled for 99, Worrall comes in, blasts two straight boundaries, then ducks into a bouncer.

To quote Bill Lawry, It's all happening

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both Sydney & Gabba must have unbelievable drainage

SEQ is a swimming pool atm

We have nearly 2 feet of water in less than 2 weeks and not even close to being hardest hit
In my experience I never thought the SCG drainage was as solid as it showed the other night. Probably it being a white ball match helped and the fact that it's also been so dry for the last couple of years meant that it drained easier than it otherwise would.

Gabba is notorious for great drainage though....which it has to be given it's almost the tropics.

stephen

In my experience I never thought the SCG drainage was as solid as it showed the other night. Probably it being a white ball match helped and the fact that it's also been so dry for the last couple of years meant that it drained easier than it otherwise would.

Gabba is notorious for great drainage though....which it has to be given it's almost the tropics.
To put it into perspective, the commentators were saying that club cricket has been cancelled across Brisbane for tomorrow already. We've had ridiculous amounts of rain.

Though tbf we've been so dry that even though I was expecting to see puddles everywhere today walking around, most of the water was gone. The ground had huge capacity to absorb it all. Before this rain I hadn't seen a drought so bad since 2007.