• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, pretty ironic that Cricket Australia wanted an NRL/AFL like competition with the BBL. The season hasn't even started yet and one of the Heat's star players has been involved in a pub brawl. Reckon there's nothing to it. Hauritz is probably getting paid to get in the news by Cricket Australia.

adub

International Captain
Where would they fit him in though? I'm sorry, I like Andrew McDonald but I don't think he'll play for Australia again bar filling in for an injury.
I don't know that the no.6 spot is settled. If Marsh doesn't back up his debut and Uzi is out of form McDonald could come into contention. Also if his English T20 form is repeated this summer he'll make a strong case for a middle order spot in either of the pyjama teams. And like you said there is always injuries. I was for a long time dismissive of Ronny as a poor man's Dom Thornley, but last season he really stepped up and if he can maintain that then he's a handy player.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Ronnie's has long been a better all-round cricketer than Thornley, and the batting difference between the two is becoming near negligible. That said, I don't see him ever playing for Australia again, in all honesty. Unless Watson gets injured and they see Haddin batting at 6, the first I hope doesn't happen, and the second should never happen again.