• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Gun start, we ****ed. Looks like I'm out of cup, unless we get a Jeithoon masterclass or these two do something special. Got no batsmen left after this.

Code:
End of Over 11: 26-3, runrate=2.36 
Birch 6-1-8-0 
Quintin* 2 (5 balls) 
Clayton 5 (34 balls)

Last Wicket: Muralitharan b. Lasantha 9 (FOW: 24/3)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sold Ellis for 10.7m, if anyone's looking to sell a destructive/attacking seamer let me know. Looking at anywhere from wonderful-exquisite primary.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Strong/Med/Prof/Prof vs Prof/Prof/Prof/Comp

Pretty much even, I'm the latter. Spin bowling rating randomly really poor. Gah.

nibbs

International Captain
Sold Ellis for 10.7m, if anyone's looking to sell a destructive/attacking seamer let me know. Looking at anywhere from wonderful-exquisite primary.
Adam, how are Asterix going these days financially? Oh, and one more thing, dood. I complained to the Admins with regards to the transfers of Organ and Graham earlier in the week. You're not able to find out if anything has been looked at in regard to this matter? I'm yet to hear from them.

Also, FTR, I've got £10.9mil cashed up. Prepared to part with about £9.5mil. Would really like a New Zealander. Preferably an Exceptional or Sensational bowler with reasonable consistency.

Also planning to sell Steve Sweeney in the near future. In the unlikely event someone here is actually interested in him, here are his stats.

Steven Sweeney - 24 yo, BT Rating=35,505
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: respectable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: mediocre

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
End of Over 44: 126-10, runrate=2.86 
Duncum 9-1-40-4 
Willetts* 1 (10 balls)
I guess that is something to defend. So annoying, everytime we play sides like this only one batsmen stands up, Clayton this time with 65 off 119. If we had one more batsmen hand around we could have scored 200 odd. Kind of defeats the purpose of having depth when this happens. Really need something special from Jeithoon. Can't see it happening should be over by the 25th over.

PY

International Coach
Oppo got 298/6, I'm 112/0 after 19 overs. Going to be a pretty close finish I think, at least if these two can stay in a bit longer.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adam, how are Asterix going these days financially?
Pretty good, the random cup draw has given us a lot more home games this season so finances haven't been an issue. Up to about 15m now with the sale of Ellis. Sold him partly because his wage is a bit excessive but mainly because I have too many allrounders and want someone younger to train.
Oh, and one more thing, dood. I complained to the Admins with regards to the transfers of Organ and Graham earlier in the week. You're not able to find out if anything has been looked at in regard to this matter? I'm yet to hear from them.
Not sure what the situation is, just keep prodding them till you get a reply. There might be some threads on sledging about it, I haven't really looked. BT-Raptornex is usually pretty good about these things, even if some of the GMs aren't.

Oh, and if you list Sweeney pretty cheaply I might bid.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Can we pull this off. :D They don't much of lower order so anything is possible. Need to get Farr out.

Code:
End of Over 19: 80-5, runrate=4.21, reqrunrate=1.52 (126-10) 
Muralitharan 3-1-9-1 
Farr* 27 (44 balls) 
Watts 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Lasantha b. Muralitharan 15 (FOW: 80/5)
Yes, **** yeah

W Sishayi to Farr
Attempted the reverse sweep, but misreads the length and is bowled.

EDIT: 7 down

W Muralitharan to Watts
He's been bowled! A little inside edge took it onto the stumps, how unlucky can you get?

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jaffna Jets 126 All Out
Clayton 65(120), Ndah 21(61), Lasantha 4/14(7), Duncum 4/40(9.5)

Unabrow Rangers 83 All Out
Muralitharan 4/9(4.5), Jeithoon 2/28(7)

Unabrow Rangers Jaffna Jets
Top Order: sensational remarkable
Middle Order: strong strong
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: wonderful exceptional
Spin Bowling: superb wonderful
Fielding: mediocre feeble

Best part of win, was the fact that it wasn't Jeithoon that ran through their batting. Yeah he knocked over their top two batsmen, but Willetts, Muralithan and Sishayi all got important wickets. A real team bowling effort. Batting was dire but Clayton saved us.

This team were playing D1 last season and have made it to semis of Cup and R16 or R32 in the first BT Cup, with all the countries.

This win tops the win over Nibbs. Best moment in the club's history.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowling first at home to cow corner in the cup (nice random draw ffs). GFIed it, should be interesting to see what ratings I get.

Johnners

Out of the cup. Played TIE against a much stronger team, and rested a few players. They made 330 odd and we only managed 260 in return.

Scaly piscine

Welcome to Scaly Piscine CG for the match between Scaly Piscine CC and cow corner.

We can tell you that Scaly Piscine CC won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 20: 68-6, runrate=3.40
Patel 5-0-22-2
Rogers* 4 (11 balls)
Rocastle 0 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Leeds c & b. Patel 4 (FOW: 68/6)

One end open, but my spinners are on now.

andyc

Won my cup game today, GFI paid off.

Backyard Sloggers 3/222 (50)
Potgieter 1/28, Tedstone 1/38

Magical Ponies 2/223 (40.5)
Terry 107* (112), Tedstone 85* (98), Burger 17 (11)

Magical Ponies Backyard Sloggers
Top Order: wonderful strong
Middle Order: quality proficient
Lower Order: woeful worthless
Seam Bowling: exquisite proficient
Spin Bowling: quality respectable
Fielding: feeble woeful
MOTM: Terry

That team used to be in the league I'm in now, though I never beat them then. My next cup game is against the team I beat two OD rounds ago, so should do it comfortably.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cunning
Top Order: sensational
Middle Order: respectable
Lower Order: feeble
Seam Bowling: elite
Spin Bowling: remarkable
Fielding: mediocre

Got another bloody away match, FFS. Another Div 3 side, but they are pretty good. Pretty sure that is GFI ratings and with only one seamer. So I should be able to win this match on GFI. Their bowling attack is better then the side I played this week, but their middle order is worse.

Same tactics as usually Jeithoon to knock over their top batsmen and the rest of guys to clean up the rest. Will probably just try and bat out the 50 overs somehow. Reckon it will be a low scoring match.

Status
Not open for further replies.