• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
He was invigorated before the game. Must be some hidden stats, AKD always outperforms him and he's only Respectable
A couple of levels in fitness makes a pretty big difference in performance from what I've seen, probably too big a difference really.

Anyway, might as well do this before I go to sleep. Here's what my team looks like at the moment (excluding Beaumont who I'll sell soon):

Code:
	[B]Name 	     Age	BTR	Batting 	Bowling 	WK[/B]
1	Cuss	      23	35,837	wonderful		
2	Ashton        19	39,298	quality		                quality
3	Watkins       21	134,610	exceptional	quality	
4	Whitehorne    21	156,018	superb	        exquisite	
5	Baird	      18	21,033	strong	        proficient	
6,7,8,9	[assorted crap batsmen]	        comp-resp		
10	Malik	      21	41,249	competent	superb	
11	Harewood      17	16,502	worthless	strong
Expecting a bunch of pops in the first three weeks of next season, particularly Harewood->superb, Ashton->remarkable x2 and Watkins->remarkable bowling. Mainly training primaries at the moment as I'm happy with the stamina of my good players. Only Harewood (competent) really needs another level.

The plan at the moment is just to keep training up Ashton, Watkins, Whitehorne, Baird and Harewood, and to gradually replace the assorted crap batsmen with assorted good batsmen. I think I'll save up for a bit then spend 3.5m or so on a good batsman towards the end of next season. I'll need a full batting lineup eventually as the allrounders will struggle fitness-wise when FC comes in, but I figure even if it comes in at the start of season 7, it won't be until season 8 at the earliest that I'll be in a difficult FC league. Might sell Malik and trade up to a better bowler as well, not really convinced of his worth atm.

Edit: 332-7 in the end.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Adamc said:
I think attacking/destructive spinners are fairly useless though, Malik usually only manages 1 wicket for 50-60 runs against decent teams for me, unless I bowl him at the death (in which case he gets a fair few wickets).

My best bowler is a destructive spinner, and he usually bowls at under 4rpo on a H&F. I also bowl him on very attacking. Sure, he doesnt bowl against many bowlers that are better in skill then him, but even against better batsmen, he barely ever goes for much.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't account for all anomalies obviously (and the bowling type will matter less if the bowler has a high skill level), but I just find that in general, spinners tend to take less wickets and go for less runs (while the opposite occurs for fast bowlers), so I'd prefer a defensive spinner to a destructive one (and vice-versa for faster bowlers). None of this really matters if they bowl in the last ten overs, they'll get wickets regardless.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
Nigel Dylan (1032696)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For:	Central Districts
Nationality:	England
BTR:		4,908
Wages:		£1,011 p/w
Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: 	respectable 	Concentration: 	mediocre
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	worthless
Just bought this bloke for a touch over 300k, he's obviously close to Proficent and should help me with my quest to get some more batsmen that can actually bat over the next season. Now, just need to find a young keeper to train up next season to look like Ashton...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
NZTailender said:
I really should've said 2k :ph34r:

Bid on him.
LOL - hoping the early bidding will continue throughout.

Don't think I'll shift Richardson for 500k to be honest, but worth a try!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 26: 93-1, runrate=3.58, reqrunrate=4.33 (196-10)
Bent 3-0-7-0
Farmer* 44 (92 balls)
Griffin 22 (37 balls)
Last Wicket: Kilkenny lbw b. Bewers 21 (FOW: 52/1)

FFS, this is getting ridiculous. It's not that hard to score some bloody runs!

andyc

Canning and Griffin saw us home in the end...

Cymru Gurgitaters 196 (42.0)
Greening 88* (89), Cash 52 (87), Bennett 23 (23)
Erasmus 4/11 (6), Canning 4/43 (10), Tedstone 2/33 (10)

Magical Ponies 2/199 (44.0)
Griffin 72* (84), Farmer 58 (113), Canning 40* (40)
Bridges m 1/42 (10), Bewers 1/20 (7)

Cymru Gurgitaters Magical Ponies
Top Order: respectable competent
Middle Order: respectable competent
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable proficient
Spin Bowling: proficient respectable
Fielding: feeble abysmal
MOTM: Griffin

Thanks for the game Trev, was really surprised that I won that, was just lucky that Erasmus got your tail out so quickly, and that Canning actually bowled well. Stupid MOTM; Canning takes 4/43 and hits a run a ball 40* and misses out.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
Robbins is shocking - fire him!
Thinking of getting rid of him and Groves. Ideally I'd like to bring in a gun bat and two good bowlers. Groves is 27 and not getting any younger. Don't have any free nets for Robbins because Bignot has greater potential so I'll just have to bring in someone else. In any case, the least I'll do in the break is bring in a young spinner to replace Groves and team up with Bignot.

roseboy64

Mukesh Boardley (393059)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: gophers utd
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 12,668
Wages: £1,496 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Should I go for him or go for a bowler? He's at £845,000 with a day left....

roseboy64

roseboy64 said:
Mukesh Boardley (393059)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: gophers utd
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 12,668
Wages: £1,496 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Should I go for him or go for a bowler? He's at £845,000 with a day left....
Got close to a million in the bank. Hmm...I'll forego on him. Wont improve my batting that much.

roseboy64

Put some bids in on a very good spinner and a good pacer. At the very least I'll get latter. Only downside about him is he's only a medium pacer but not worries. He'll be bowling in the middle overs anyway. I really want the spinner though. After getting him I'll hopefully sell Groves,especially, and Robbbins for a fair bit to keep me out of the red.

I dont see how 676 runs can be scored on a cracked pitch arent cracked pictches supposed to support bowlers?

6.76 runs per over is just nuts for the whole day and TBH my 6 and 7 who are Respectables were smashing Crampton's bowlers at the end of the day.

Anyone have any other possible equations for this to happen so weirdly?

PY

International Coach
Gah, got a player stolen off me in the last few mins of bidding as I'd had to go out for a while.

1.6m for a 19yo superb bowler with mediocre stamina and feeble consistency.

nibbs

International Captain
Code:
	       Age  BTR    Batting      Bowling      Wicketkeeping
Fry            23    9564  Proficient 
Duggan         20   64072  Exceptional
Waddell        20   34751  Remarkable
Lennon         22   16490  Strong
Hamshaw* (LFM) 23   35609  Quality      Proficient
Willetts       22    4584  Respectable
Wheat+         23   15778  Competent                 Strong
Vermaak (RS)   18   20867  Respectable  Quality
Sweeney (RF)   20   23298  Woeful       Quality
Lee (LS)       23   54561  Abysmal      Exceptional 
Mutasa (RF)    22   13207  Abysmal      Strong
Next season will be the last for Willetts, at least in the 1st XI that I post at cricketweb. Instead, I'll be training the best of my 4 youth pulls, so I am praying that we will get at least 1 competent , but preferably a respectable 17yo to train. Towards the end of the season I'm hoping to purchase a new bowler. By then the side should have around 4-5mil. The skill of this bowler will depend a lot on how much more the transfer market has inflated by the time we reach the end of season 6. Mutasa will probably be the one who'll lose out to this new bowler.

Duggan remains the sides key asset. Early next season he'll reach sensational, as he continues his quest to reach the NZ NT team and to be regarded as the best batsmen at cricketweb :happy: . I will stop training Waddell and Sweeney when they reach wonderful and remarkable primaries, both should pop early next season. My other main trainee at the moment is Vermaak. Next season he will receive both batting and bowling training as well as a fielding net, where hopefully his gay cons can catch. If he starts to show signs of real progress I will keep a hold of him, otherwise, he will be sold, hopefully for a substantial figure.

I'm happy with what I've put together over the past 5 seasons. Looking back, I would have prefered to have trained Lennon and Fry up to Superb and Strong, although this hasn't made a too bigger difference.

Johnners

Appleyard & Taylor have got me off to a good start against Perm after Stroud went early.

End of Over 17: 87-1, runrate=5.12
Heard 2-0-21-0
Appleyard* 48 (49 balls)
Taylor 31 (50 balls)

Last Wicket: Stroud b. Warlock 4 (FOW: 5/1)

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Training time.....

Will Herbert - 17 yo, BT Rating=22,510
LH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, drained
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

andyc

Canning :D

Gavin Canning - 19 yo, BT Rating=51,928
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: strong
Fielding: mediocre

Samiyh Fernando - 19 yo, BT Rating=10,513
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.