• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adrian Shankar

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The rock-solid (that's sarcastic by the way) financial basis behind Mongoose reminds me of a lot of startups today. They were ahead of their time.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Reading that second article with those (one would think) clearly phoney blog posts, I think that Shankar missed his real calling as an author, screenwriter or journalist.

cnerd123

likes this
I hate the wisden website layout btw. Can only read text on like 20% of the screen. It's better on mobile.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know what I'm doing for the next half hour.

Chubb

International Regular
What strikes me is that Lancashire signing him in the first place has never been explained. Even more than Worcester - at least he got found out in a few days - Lancs paid him a salary for 2 whole years.

As pointed out before his uni record was dreadful and minor counties decent enough - I mean I certainly couldn’t average 27 in minor counties - but clearly not professional standard. Why did Lancashire decide to sign him?

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Next step is obviously (and I know it can't happen) to use this story to make a cricketing version of the Selling Hitler miniseries.

cnerd123

likes this
The amount of work that Adrian put into lying about his career and accomplishments is amazing. If he had just put that effort into actually trying to be good at cricket he might have still had a county career of some sort.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
the only simulated cw xi trace of him is abhinav shankar

hmm...interesting. very interesting.

also did someone dig up his old tweets

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This is insanely good stuff.

Fair play to the guy for managing to horse shizen his way to a List A game on Lord's.

Any indication of what he's doing now, or is that in Part 7?

Chubb

International Regular
This is insanely good stuff.

Fair play to the guy for managing to horse shizen his way to a List A game on Lord's.

Any indication of what he's doing now, or is that in Part 7?
Claims to be a documentary filmmaker. Scott Oliver has said the last instalment will look at his post cricket life.