• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adrian Shankar

cnerd123

likes this
The ali dia of cricket. Fascinating stuff. I didn't see another thread or it being discussed in the thread for random inconsequential **** like this so I rolled the dice baby and made a thread.

Cheers bye
great article

I remember this story from back when it first emerged. Looking forward to the remaining 5 parts of this.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I was fascinated by this when it happened, but I'd actually forgotten about it. The rest of this series should be great to read.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds like someone at Worcs might be worried about how the club is depicted here. I might be putting 2 and 2 together and ending up with 76, but the club doesn't exactly come out smelling of roses in this one

Chubb

International Regular
Here's an interview with Shankar from 2019, talking about his career as a filmmaker. Really have no way of knowing if he is telling the truth or back to his old habits. Apparently the Wisden series will look at his post-cricket life, so interested to see if any of this can be backed up: http://lovetalkin.com/tag/adrian-shankar-filho/

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Being someone who is routinely incredulous at the prices paid to contract some players in the IPL, cricketing stupidity seems normal to me. But every time I read this story it astounds me that a professional sports team can have so little due diligence. I mean, five minutes on google should have at least raised suspicions.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
We know that, over the coming days, more and more stories emerged of Shankar’s fabulations and fabrications. Luke Sutton, a colleague on the Lancashire staff for two years, told in the Daily Mail of how he confronted Shankar over rumours he was three years older than he claimed. “His reply, straight to my face and without a shadow of doubt, was that he had been on a life support machine for the first three years of his life and was therefore physically three years younger than he should be. I challenged him on this and said that surely he grew during the three years on the life support machine. He simply replied ‘No, I didn’t’ and walked off.”
:lol: