• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardj

International Coach
For my debut game on Saturday...where is the best place to watch an AFL game from? I'm thinking from behind the sticks, high up - like cricket.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Depends how high up the Gabba is.

At the 'G, second level is the best, on the wing. Would rather go low than high, better atmosphere. Don't mind going up high occassionally, gives you a good perspective of how hard the players have to work when the ball isn't near them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reckon people are being a bit harsh on Hawthron. St Kilda are, IMO, really that good this year.
Nah no way. Hawthorn should have at least pushed the Saints considering they had no:

• Riewoldt
  • Hayes
  • Montagna
  • Goddard
  • Sam Fisher
  • Baker
  • Gilbert
  • Dal Santo

Game was over 2 minutes into the final quarter, with Hawthorn playing in Tassie, and with their season basically on the line.

No excuses IMO. Add that to their loss to Port earlier in the week (even if it was at AAMI), they've just been ****.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah definitely, but the Saints could have equally been as awesome as they were, and the Hawks could have at least shown a similar desire to win the hard ball and make the play. Even if they lost, they could at least walk off the field knowing they gave it a crack.

Instead they only showed some balls to try to win the game in patches. Their forward line was hopeless.

They should just try and clone 10 Cyril Riolis :cool:

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldbe surprised tbh - I think the 114 was comfortably a record. People were staggered when we laid 81 tackles on the Cats a couple of years ago

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Nah no way. Hawthorn should have at least pushed the Saints considering they had no:

• Riewoldt
  • Hayes
  • Montagna
  • Goddard
  • Sam Fisher
  • Baker
  • Gilbert
  • Dal Santo

Game was over 2 minutes into the final quarter, with Hawthorn playing in Tassie, and with their season basically on the line.

No excuses IMO. Add that to their loss to Port earlier in the week (even if it was at AAMI), they've just been ****.
Well the thing is, this year they're a middling team. If they were a top four contender and they got beat like that, fair enough, but they're currently 10th Iirc, which is an accurate reflection of their performances this year. The Saints were bloody good, and I think this was partially a case of a team playing as well as their opponents allow them to.

Saints, so far this year, are a better team than Geelong in 07.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hawthorn vs Adelaide
Richmond vs Collingwood
West Coast vs Kangaroos
Brisbane vs Footscray
Sydney vs Geelong
Melbourne vs Fremantle
Port Adelaide vs Carlton
Essendon vs St Kilda

Magrat Garlick