• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Talking Port Power. I have no problem with Port Adelaide in the SA league. They're the biggest bunch of sniping chokers in my memory, and this year they've been championing a new form of biatholon in which you combine downhill skiing with origami. Delighted that the push to get Mark Williams to Collingwood seems dead in the water - a couple of months ago that was giving me nightmares...

Redbacks

International Captain
Talking Port Power. I have no problem with Port Adelaide in the SA league. They're the biggest bunch of sniping chokers in my memory, and this year they've been championing a new form of biatholon in which you combine downhill skiing with origami. Delighted that the push to get Mark Williams to Collingwood seems dead in the water - a couple of months ago that was giving me nightmares...
yeah the image of the new club is a joke, the SANFL and clubs haven't forgotten the stabbing in the back by the power which caused the creation of the Crows, Port wanted a bigger challenge in the AFL and they have got it. They should be allowed to disband the old SANFL team (technically this was a completely new club as the power kept the original name when going to the AFL) but they can't turn their back on their junior development zones that easily.

Whilst being poor financially they have a Fos Williams trust fund we hear about worth $50 million we hear. Three pokie venues, 50 properties etc. but they created the trust to stick it up the SANFL who would probably raid these assets to fill their pockets.

pasag

RTDAS
We've blown Freo away in the final term. Good contest of football but a bit embarassing after the high quality game earlier in the day and really doesn't ease a lot of our concerns. Richmond next week shouldn't expose to many of our problems though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Burton played in the SANFL for the first time this week, BoG with four goals and quite a bit of the footy apparently. Hopefully he'll be back in a couple of weeks. Will be a pretty dangerous forward line with him in there.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[B][U][I]CW Tipping '09 - Round 14[/I][/U][/B]

Simon - 81
Pasag - 81
Cameeel - 80
Jono - 80
SuperKD - 79  
James90 - 79
Alternative - 78
Sam_Vimes - 77
Clapo - 77
BoyBrumby - 77
Sir B.I - 76
Voltman - 76 
Ausage - 74
Howardj - 73
Heath DS - 71
NewZT - 70
DCYE - 68
MikeW - 68
Vic_Orthodox - 67
Josh - 65
Hoggy - 61
. Perfect rounds from cameeel and Vic_Orthodox, resulting in a jump from seventh to third for the former

. Pasag moves into equal first with Simon, though with one less 'bonus' point

. BoyBrumby moves back into the top 10 at the expense of Sir BloodyIdiot

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Has quit. Was time, if not overdue. You can't keep hitting people in the face in this day and age.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf, there is nothing tough about smashing people who have no idea it might be coming. As someone said today, if he does switch to boxing he'll have to cope with people who hit back.

Love the immediate buzz that he's going to the Bullies. Happens everytime a tall forward is possibly vaguely available and nothing ever comes of it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Love the immediate buzz that he's going to the Bullies. Happens everytime a tall forward is possibly vaguely available and nothing ever comes of it.
Smorgan has talked him up though, so you can't exactly say its unfounded.

If not for the rise of Tippett this year, Adelaide would have probably been interested too.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
This one wouldn't surprise me, though. Particularly if we fall short of a flag this year.
I dunno. I kind of get the feeling that if he had wanted to keep playing footy, he would have stayed at the Swans. He'll take up boxing imo.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if there are any stats to back this up, but I've always had the impression that Sydney's forward line has worked well whenever Hall has been out. Granted, most of the time we had a younger/faster Micky O to pick up the slack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.