• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Winderlich was awful. You guys looked absolutely lethal going forward at times, but with no Watson and McVeigh were just not strong enough in close. Prismall was very good.

So many things to like about our game tonight. Mentioned it before, but the last few weeks we've seen the Maxwell who earnt the captaincy. Fraser redressed the poor effort from ANZAC Day and was pretty good - any match he clearly wins a centre bounce hit out and it goes to clear advantage is a red letter day for me. Beams again looked good, Didak has been so awesome this month. Cloke played his first really good match of the year, which is encouraging. Only blight was Anthony hitting the post twice from point blank - wtf?
Winderlich's worst game of the year but think he may have played injured otherwise he wouldn't play predominantly as a forward.

Whats my punishment???

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Tips for Round 15:

Collingwood
Sydney
Carlton
Geelong
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
St Kilda

Anyone thinking of going to the Swans/Bombers game is welcome to join me.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon the Dockers are a huge sniff of knocking off the Blues without Pavlich; they are so much like late 1990s Richmond who would galvanise themselves without Richo.

Dons missed the inside capabilities of Watson so much tonight. McVeigh is OK in that area, but without Watson they have a lot of very good outside players who can't get their hands on the ball often enough to do significant damage.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richmond manage to vary between being pathetically uncompetitive and pretty good in five minute patches.

edit: Jesus, Hawthorn are getting smashed.

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
wtf Hawthorn? Jeff to sack them all by Monday.

On the other hand, the Doggies building nicely. I'm wondering whether the distance by which Geelong and St Kilda are out ahead of the Dogs and maybe Collingwood (on a good night) isn't as big as is assumed. If Johnson could have kicked that goal, they would have knocked off the Cats, and they made Hawthorn look awful.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Geelong>>>Saints>Dogs>>>>>>>>Pies=Adelaide>Brisbane>meh

I'd back the Dogs to beat the Saints with the style they play though, would need to play out of their skins to take Geelong in a shoot-out.

Last edited:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Hawthorn are awful at the moment. They're showing no desire and determination to win, which was their biggest asset to success last season, especially in the Grand Final. We've been dogged by injury all year and our depth has been exposed, due to being the youngest team in the competition.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As a Richmond supporter, I'll take a 17pt loss to Adelaide.

So pumped for today's match though. Midfield battles are mouth watering, but can't help but feel the match lies on Kosi, Riewoldt and Milne vs. Scarlett, Milburn and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.