• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Tried to get on at 3/4 time but the site was running way too slow, for me at least.

Really good win by the boys in the end there, given they looked shagged by the third quarter without Pendles, and given how persistent Sydney always are. Kirk is an amazing player - wish he was a Pie. Someone was asking in here earlier in the week what the point of having a competitive ruckman was - Darren Jolly showed that tonight.

Thought we were gonners in the third quarter, but Didak got us home. Deadset love the bloke - moron off the field that he is. Presti did his normal sterling job - at least one of Bazza's goals was Leigh Brown's fault.

For a moment in the third, thought Barry Hall was going to make my night by finishing his career, and breaking Shannon Cox's face into four pieces. ****ing hate Cox, he's the worst player getting a regular game with us and tonight, when he wasn't comically falling over himself, whenever he did get a touch it seemed to hurt us more than Sydney.

They said they didn't think Pendlebury had done any structural damage, and he seemed to be up and about smiling after the siren, so hopefully he's only out for a couple of weeks.

Reckon we might be building to a big second half of the year. If we can get ourselves into a prelim, even against the Saints or Geelong, anything could be possible.

:wub: How good would that almost goal off the ground from the boundary have been if it had through!

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
You can't challenge for a flag kicking around the boundary line, period.
Meh, we were a kick away from a grandfinal in 2007, and we're in the top four at the moment. We've as good a chance as anyone apart from Geelong and St Kilda, which is to say only a slim chance at this point.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, Shannon Cox. Looks so overweight and unfit.

You know who had balls? Wellingham. Went up to Barry Hall (by himself) after he roughed up a Collingwood player, and flew the flag for the team. Was impressed.

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, big wrap for Wellingham. He's always shown glimpses, but he's slowly turning himself into a good AFL footballer.

As he'd want to after losing us a major sponsor (TAC).

Redbacks

International Captain
Pies with a full 22 are top 4 material you would think.

Didak = forward line efficiency, when he plays well there aren't many better at setting up shots on goal, he gives great value to the I50 count.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tough to pick the eight this year, even this late in the season. I think any of the Bulldogs, Collingwood, Brisbane and Adelaide can get the last two top four spots, and all of them will finish top six. The last two spots could go to any of four or five teams though. Wouldn't even write off Sydney yet.

My guess is probably Carlton and Hawthorn, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Port pulled it together towards the end of the year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Geelong paying 3.50 to be undefeated in the regular home & away season. That's extraordinarily short for something that's never happened before in the history of the game (21-1 the best ever by Essendon in 2000 and Geelong in 2008 IIRC)

1.30 to not be undefeated, and 2.75 at this stage for their first loss to be against the Saints.

Would be amazing if they were to be 22-0.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood went 18-0 in 1929. Not a 22 game season obviously but they were undefeated.

Just looking at that season though, Richmond finished third and beat Collingwood by 10 goals in the second semi, and then Collingwood still went straight to the grand final instead of having to play the winner of the knockout semi the next week. Richmond played Carlton the next week in the Prelim and beat them, and then Collingwood again in the Grand Final, which Collingwood won.

Weird finals system.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Ugh, that made me sick! That was our best chance at beating those damn pies and we pissed it away. Some **** calls by those dickheads with the whistle didn't help in the slightest either.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh, that made me sick! That was our best chance at beating those damn pies and we pissed it away. Some **** calls by those dickheads with the whistle didn't help in the slightest either.
There were some really bad calls each way tbh. The Cloke one has been a mark all day every day for years.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood went 18-0 in 1929. Not a 22 game season obviously but they were undefeated.

Just looking at that season though, Richmond finished third and beat Collingwood by 10 goals in the second semi, and then Collingwood still went straight to the grand final instead of having to play the winner of the knockout semi the next week. Richmond played Carlton the next week in the Prelim and beat them, and then Collingwood again in the Grand Final, which Collingwood won.

Weird finals system.
Yeah, was a very strange system back then. Didn't Carlton go through undefeated in 95?

Edit: No, they went through 20-2, with losses to Sydney and St Kilda in rounds 8-9 respectively. Awesome team that year.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fremantle vs. Geelong here today, and I think its fair to say that Fremantle have dominated the play. Both teams have been pretty inaccurate with their kicks and the score is pretty shallow at the moment.

A great kick from the young-looking Fremantle forward, Walters there. Left peg, read the wind well and curved it round between the sticks. 23 - 23, but the Dockers on top.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This reminds me of the 2008 match between Freo and Cats, where Geelong won by 1pt, with Pav hitting the post just before the siren.

If Geelong lose this would be so ****, need both Geelong and Saints to be undefeated for the rnd 14 clash (even though the Saints play my team next week).

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****. I love this game, eh. Geelong just missing a few too many today. Just can't seem to find their man with the hand passes. Just not their usual game accuracy today. If Freo win this, I'll be delighted; even though it'll knock me out of Last Man Standing.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U][B][I]CW Tipping '09 - Round 12
[/I][/B][/U]
Simon - 71
Pasag - 70
James90 - 68
Sam_Vimes - 67
Jono - 67
SuperKD - 66  
Cameeel - 66