• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Fremantle vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs Bulldogs
Geelong vs North Melbourne
Brisbane vs Adelaide
Sydney vs West Coast
Port Adelaide vs Richmond
Collingwood vs Carlton
St Kilda vs Essendon

mikeW

Sydney vs West Coast is probably the least interesting game of the round.

Think tonights match will be a ripper, can't wait to see Cyril rip it up.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he'll be the best player in the comp in 3 years time. Thoughts?

mikeW

To a neutral observer maybe. To a Swans fan there's nothing as sweet as beating the Weagles.
Don't get me wrong i loved the rivalry when both were at there best, just about every game had a result of less than a goal difference.

howardj

International Coach
Fremantle vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs Bulldogs
Brisbane vs Adelaide
Sydney vs West Coast
Collingwood vs Carlton
St Kilda vs Essendon

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fremantle vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs Bulldogs
Brisbane vs Adelaide
Sydney vs West Coast
Collingwood vs Carlton
St Kilda vs Essendon

cameeel

International Captain
Fremantle vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs Bulldogs
Brisbane vs Adelaide
Sydney vs West Coast
Collingwood vs Carlton
St Kilda vs Essendon

pasag

RTDAS
Fremantle vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs Bulldogs
Brisbane vs Adelaide
Sydney vs West Coast
Collingwood vs Carlton
St Kilda vs Essendon

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How bad is Ablett's injury, anyone? Can't afford to keep him in my fantasy side for too long if it's medium-long term.

Sorry to go down the DT route again, but what can you do?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
How bad is Ablett's injury, anyone? Can't afford to keep him in my fantasy side for too long if it's medium-long term.

Sorry to go down the DT route again, but what can you do?
Should be back in next week, word is he's recovering better than expected. Was listed as 1 week on the injury list on tuesday.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ablett's all right. Geelong just being precautionary with their superstar.

Btw, I'm never tipping Freo again, for the rest of the year. ****ers.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Freo have the makings of a good side with that young midfield. Just didn't have the composure moving forward unless the ball was in Pavlich's hands. Michael Johnson has some talent, longest arms since Dion Woods.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Freo have the makings of a good side with that young midfield. Just didn't have the composure moving forward unless the ball was in Pavlich's hands. Michael Johnson has some talent, longest arms since Dion Woods.
Johnson and Duffield were awesome.

Not only no composure going forward, even when they had taken marks inside 50 they were missing shots they should have kicked.

Pav had a ripper, as did Sandi. Just feels like Hawthorn shouldn't have won it, but did.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Melbourne vs Bulldogs
Brisbane vs Adelaide
Sydney vs West Coast
Collingwood vs Carlton
St Kilda vs Essendon

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Johnson and Duffield were awesome.

Not only no composure going forward, even when they had taken marks inside 50 they were missing shots they should have kicked.

Pav had a ripper, as did Sandi. Just feels like Hawthorn shouldn't have won it, but did.
Too many ordinary players there, though. Peake, Murphy and to an extent Schammer aren't really going to be guys who you can get away with if you want to have a tilt at a flag. Johnson too was diabolical in that first half (nearly the worst tackler in the league), and seems to have gone backward since his awesome debut season. I will also never get the Mundy hype.

That being said, I think they should have won last night. Hawthorn were pretty bad, and Freo blew their chances with about five or six goals that should have been kicked (Suban, Sandilands, McPharlin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.