• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry Brook

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reminds me a lot of Pietersen except without being such a ****. Could be anything.

One thing I'll say is that I'm unconvinced of his back-foot technique on faster, bouncier pitches, and Ashes spam could mean he plays a disproportionate amount on those.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's interesting. Cricinfo just put up a list of the fastest players to 1,000 test runs and amongst the obvious successes, there are a number of players whose career rapidly went down the gurgler: https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283173.html

See Gary Ballance, Aiden Markram, Jesse Ryder, Sherwin Campbell, Peter Richardson and a host of others. I mean, the signs are pretty good overall, but proof will be in the longevity.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Right up there with the best ever 5-test winters. Could be the best ever since timeless tests.

1677205959784.png

(Screenshot taken when he's on 125*)

Daniel CC

School Boy/Girl Captain
Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Teams will be gathering lots of data on his strengths and weaknesses.... but also on Bazball itself.

He also won't have Stokes as captain his entire career... and England will probably burden him with captaincy responsibilities in due course.

Brook's side

International Regular
It's interesting. Cricinfo just put up a list of the fastest players to 1,000 test runs and amongst the obvious successes, there are a number of players whose career rapidly went down the gurgler: https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283173.html

See Gary Ballance, Aiden Markram, Jesse Ryder, Sherwin Campbell, Peter Richardson and a host of others. I mean, the signs are pretty good overall, but proof will be in the longevity.
the top 10 though (which brook is ikely to join) is:

sutcliffe
weekes
bradman
harvey
kambli
hutton
worrell
rowe
headley
sid barnes?

not too shabby