• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 **** batting lineups

As with the first 3 tests, winner will be the team that has a batter play the most significant innings as I just can’t see it being a group effort

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
2 **** batting lineups

As with the first 3 tests, winner will be the team that has a batter play the most significant innings as I just can’t see it being a group effort
which will be Smith, Root or Stokes. Can't see anyone else playing a significant single handed innings.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Working today so hopefully it quiet so I can watch on the sly. Overton for Woakes is harsh on Curran but clearly we had to drop Woakes as a half fit bowler is no use.

Compton

International Debutant
Seems to be some suggestions that Australia may play 4 seamers + Lyon; dropping Wade from the 12.

Burgey

Seems to be some suggestions that Australia may play 4 seamers + Lyon; dropping Wade from the 12.
You'd think they would only do that if they could drop Paine and retain Wade, who's a better bat.

Plus, they just don't need to. The bowling is fine, it's likely to be weather affected and we hold the trophy Be bizarre to weaken the batting further.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You'd think they would only do that if they could drop Paine and retain Wade, who's a better bat.
I reckon they'd probably play Patto as the fourth seamer as well in that situation. Best bat of the bowlers (not that he's made any runs this series yet, but all the same) which is important if one of them is going to bat seven, and having five bowlers would reduce concerns of him breaking down playing two Tests in a row.

morgieb

Third time Australia have won the toss and they did the opposite to what I would've done.

Tom Flint

International Regular
When I was in Melbourne and Sydney all I saw was thousands of young drugged up hipsters trying their best to be european

Burgey

Noticeable that when the series is on the line, Australia dispenses with the rubbish Victorian bowling experiment and returns to the proven match-winning NSWmen

Burgey

I reckon they'd probably play Patto as the fourth seamer as well in that situation. Best bat of the bowlers (not that he's made any runs this series yet, but all the same) which is important if one of them is going to bat seven, and having five bowlers would reduce concerns of him breaking down playing two Tests in a row.
Did he make 40 odd in the first test, or am I imagining that?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We have no excuses now. Must win test for both sides. Australia batting first. Smith vs Archer battle incoming.

My body is ready.