• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25th Match - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burner

International Regular
Have to say century not withstanding this could have gone really bad for NZ. No way should the game have been alive in the final over.

ajdude

International Coach
kane set himself up for that six the same way as when he bopped cummins for six at eden park in 2015 to win the game. so good

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To go from 17 off 18 to a tense final over was disappointing but you could argue they did well to target Andile.

I would never have thought CdG would outdo him with bat and ball on this wicket.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Great knock from CDG and Kane with the nerves of steel at the end.

Great game ... I’d much rather watch a game like that than 350 by both sides.

trundler

That CdG innings was incredible. I don't think even he believed he could take SA apart like that! It was like watching Michael Scott make a sale.

Borges

International Regular
Great finish, century and all that by King Kane; but CdG is my man of the match. Bowled his full quota very well, and then turned the game around with the bat.

The Hutt Rec

Have to say century not withstanding this could have gone really bad for NZ. No way should the game have been alive in the final over.
It wasn’t easy to score out there ... I think the match was always destined for the final over. Very easy to muck it up on that type of pitch. NZ did it about as professionally as possible.

veganbob

U19 Captain
That was tense!
Well done to the boys.
Not much to say about kane other than being lucky to see once in a lifetime player (by NZ standards) in my lifetime.

Well done to cdg! Always been question marks over him under pressure and that was a superb knock -even though got out without finishing it.
He actually has a good odi record overall -if he can succeed in tight situations like this -could go on to be one of our better all allrounders

Moss

Great finish, century and all that by King Kane; but CdG is my man of the match. Bowled his full quota very well, and then turned the game around with the bat.
I agree, he was immense. Captain's innings from Kane for sure, but he's played better.

OverratedSanity

The most Dhoni-esque innings ever, not played by Dhoni
Current Dhoni would've just played an extended version of the middle part of kw's innings where he couldn't get it off the square.

But yeah, it did feel a lot like a vintage Dhoni chase. Nerves of steel.

Dissector

International Debutant
Only watched a few overs and there was a dropped catch, a missed runout chance and that amazing non-referral for the edge. And afterwards there was apparently another dropped catch and run-out miss so I think this to be yet another entry in the annals of SA World Cup chokes.