• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Qlder

International Debutant
Just looking at the NSW squad and the available line-up looks unbeatable for first two games. Wishing Patterson's form returns but thinking:

1. Smith
2. Maddinson
3. Hughes
4. Davies
5. Henriques
6. Philippe +
7. Edwards
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Should the Aus bowlers be rotated for rest, ample back-up with Tremain, Bird, Nesbit, Abbott, Green and Sangha

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
A big 'what if'

What if Smith fails as NSW opener in first 3 shield games while Maddinson rattles off 2 tons? What will Aus do for first test?

I know Smith is the better bat but I think Maddinson is the better opener if he keeps up his Vic form from the last couple of years

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ryan Harris new South Australian coach.

Loved him in his international playing days, been pretty happy with his bowling coaching work over the last little while, all the pacers except Wes here seem to have gone better under him as a bowling coach than before, but head coach is another level completely, the batting side of things is definitely the bigger concern

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ICYMI disgraced australian captain tim paine is coaching the horrid adelaide strikers

WICFan

State 12th Man
A big 'what if'

What if Smith fails as NSW opener in first 3 shield games while Maddinson rattles off 2 tons? What will Aus do for first test?

I know Smith is the better bat but I think Maddinson is the better opener if he keeps up his Vic form from the last couple of years
Steve Smith:
"The conversations I've had so far is that we'll go to England… I'm there for the one-dayers, then make a decision after that," he said. "There's conversations happening in the background. You see some comments that guys like Usman [Khawaja] has said he likes me down at No. 4, think Marnus is of a similar thought pattern. We'll wait and see. I'm happy to bat anywhere.

"For me, it's just a position. Batting at four, I could be in after the first two balls. I've been in early on many occasions and faced the new ball. For me, it's kind of just a number. I batted at three for a long period of time as well and we lost wickets inside the first over and I'll come out and score runs. The only real thing I had to get used to was how quick a turnaround it is when you come off the field and you only have ten minutes, particularly with the amount of mucking around I have in the changing rooms."

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently Pakistan A and Bangladesh A are playing bbl academy teams ATM.
Watched a bit of that Top End T20 comp, have to say to say I really quite enjoyed it. Although seeing the "Strikers Academy" team (only Lloyd Pope and Liam Scott from the team in the final have played any BBL for the Strikers, and in the latter case only about half a dozen games IIRC) go well definitely helped

Some real good performamces from the team, with the bat Jake Winter was strong, his ton in the semi final especially was excellent. Harry Manenti also very good with the willow, consistent runs at a good clip. Bowling wise the team were excellent, especially pleased to see Tim Oakley back and taking plenty of poles after a couple of years in Tasmania. Pope and Buckingham also were really good at times, although in all honesty it was really an outstanding team effort more than the work of any one individual. Scott did a genuinely good job as captain imo in addition to his good contributions with bat and ball, strategically more often than not he was really on it

Absolutely loved seeing a young and about two thirds homegrown South Australian team go well, probably the most cricket I have watched in a few months and it was absolutely well worth it

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched a bit of that Top End T20 comp, have to say to say I really quite enjoyed it. Although seeing the "Strikers Academy" team (only Lloyd Pope and Liam Scott from the team in the final have played any BBL for the Strikers, and in the latter case only about half a dozen games IIRC) go well definitely helped

Some real good performamces from the team, with the bat Jake Winter was strong, his ton in the semi final especially was excellent. Harry Manenti also very good with the willow, consistent runs at a good clip. Bowling wise the team were excellent, especially pleased to see Tim Oakley back and taking plenty of poles after a couple of years in Tasmania. Pope and Buckingham also were really good at times, although in all honesty it was really an outstanding team effort more than the work of any one individual. Scott did a genuinely good job as captain imo in addition to his good contributions with bat and ball, strategically more often than not he was really on it

Absolutely loved seeing a young and about two thirds homegrown South Australian team go well, probably the most cricket I have watched in a few months and it was absolutely well worth it
Ben manenti unfortunately could not join his brother in this series as he has somehow become a t20 globetrotter despite struggling to get a game for the strikers and playing next to no t20 cricket. Weird world we live in.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ben manenti unfortunately could not join his brother in this series as he has somehow become a t20 globetrotter despite struggling to get a game for the strikers and playing next to no t20 cricket. Weird world we live in.
I suspect if Ben didn't have other things on he would have been in this, and probably done very well. But yeah it seems a little odd him playing in some of these odd and obscure T20 leagues despite never being a super regular BBL selection either earlier at the Sixers or now at the Strikers

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
especially pleased to see Tim Oakley back and taking plenty of poles after a couple of years in Tasmania.
After seeing you talk about him for years I've finally got to see footage of him bowling. Interesting. Must say Buckingham isn't overly impressing me for pace, those spells against Pakistan with the keeper up left a bit of an impression.

Also, pleasing to see the ACT beating Perth. Not something that'd happen too often.

Oh and Strikers vs Strike. Yeah...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else find the selection of Ellis in the odi squad a bit odd?

T20 stuff sure but not 50 overs unless it’s a case of him being over there already

Spark

Global Moderator
Pucovski has officially retired. Really for the best, hopefully he gets all the support he needs moving forward.