• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English Cricket Season

Tom Flint

International Regular
Hammed continuing his good form, Kent are a shambles - on paper that is not even a bad top 6. Surrey almost have a test standard top 6. Good to see the 'smaller' div 2 counties being more than competitive against the big ones

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It won't happen of course, but if everyone was available, then Surrey's top 7 would be Burns, Stoneman, Amla, Pope, Roy, Foakes and Curran S.
tbh I don 't really want them all available at the same time as I want to see Curran batting in the top 5 when he is available for the CC.

Which is all very well, but our bowling is the real problem. I honestly don't know how we managed to dismiss Hampshire for 92.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly off for lunch with nearly 5 k viewers on you-tube, utterly ****ing ridiculous. This sport kicks itself in the arse so many times.

grecian

Been some great County Cricket, early season. Somerset need to do something about our openers, apart from Brooks, who only played one innings, they're bottom of our batting averages. They'll be fun for one-dayers I suppose.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Been some great County Cricket, early season. Somerset need to do something about our openers, apart from Brooks, who only played one innings, they're bottom of our batting averages. They'll be fun for one-dayers I suppose.
Somerset should just play 10 bowlers/all-rounders and hilderith at this point. Would probably work out in there favour. Maybe pull some wacky **** and try reversing the batting order since there best bats are usually at 7 and below

grecian

Somerset should just play 10 bowlers/all-rounders and hilderith at this point. Would probably work out in there favour. Maybe pull some wacky **** and try reversing the batting order since there best bats are usually at 7 and below
Abell's had a good season, but I suppose he's bowling a fair bit now, so that kinda works. And we should probably keep Davies as wk, I might consider him opening tbh.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Noticed Archer was playing for Sussex 2nds (quite by accident, was looking for information on Head), hard to tell from the limited highlights I could find but he looks pretty underdone imo. No real pace to speak of

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, just the one ball in his opening spell that I think the pitch turned into a real brute. He doesn't look more than a week or two away from being hostile to me though.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
If only New Zealand could be guaranteed there'll be as much in the Southampton air in about six weeks from now.

Archer also ducking it back in sharply at times (60 miles away in Hove).

HeathDavisSpeed

Essex have been **** since I've been posting on here again, but they were tearing up in my absence. Never change seats when things are going well.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
WTF is up with the umpiring in the Northants/Sussex match? Northants got two of the worst LBW decisions I've seen and the dismissal of Rob Keogh was just bizarre.