• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English Cricket Season

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Sean Hunt on dayboo for Sussex. Spent the summer out here at West Torrens, did reasonable enough without really standing out, averaged about 28 with the rock.

Tall, solid left armer, not super quick but can swing it back in to the RHB with the newer ball. Not dissimilar to a slightly slower version of his grade new ball partner Spencer Johnson. Must say I didn't exactly expect him to be playing FC so soon, but good luck to him

tony p

First Class Debutant
Some good lower order batting by Glamorgan v Yorkshire, from 132-7 to 310-8.
That well known Welsh pair of Timm Van Der Gugten & Michael Hogan have 17x4, 2x6 between them, both not out.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some good lower order batting by Glamorgan v Yorkshire, from 132-7 to 310-8.
That well known Welsh pair of Timm Van Der Gugten & Michael Hogan have 17x4, 2x6 between them, both not out.
#NSWUberAlles

Woodster

International Captain
A solid, if unspectacular opening day of the season for Essex, ending on 207-3 built around skipper Tom Westley’s 84 not out. Hopefully he can continue today alongside Paul Walter with RTD and Wheater to add some urgency and impetus later on in the innings.

chris.hinton

International Captain
A solid, if unspectacular opening day of the season for Essex, ending on 207-3 built around skipper Tom Westley’s 84 not out. Hopefully he can continue today alongside Paul Walter with RTD and Wheater to add some urgency and impetus later on in the innings.
We bowled quite well early on but Westley has been superb

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Haha Root out to an awful hack vs the offspin of Calum Taylor

Banton opening the batting for Somerset. Looks 5 or 6 spots too high.

Woodster

International Captain
We bowled quite well early on but Westley has been superb
Think Worcester have been -retry disciplined with the ball, bit unlucky this morning to miss the outside edge a number of times. Westley’s been excellent and after a very poor 2020 he needed this in the opener.

Tom Flint

International Regular
313 proving a great total for middlesx, Somerset currently 80 odd for 8.
Murts doesn't age and good to see trj back and fully fit

tony p

First Class Debutant
Three weeks from his 45th birthday , Darren Stevens with 116no v Northants. Still life in the old guy.

I wonder who was the most recent 44/45 year old to make a championship century.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Three weeks from his 45th birthday , Darren Stevens with 116no v Northants. Still life in the old guy.

I wonder who was the most recent 44/45 year old to make a championship century.
That's an excellent question. I think that Ramps had called it a day by that age, ditto Hick. I was going to suggest Close or D'Oliveira in the 1970s, but a bit of research suggests that Boycott probably made championship centuries in 1985 and 1986, when he was 44 and 45 respectively.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
313 proving a great total for middlesx, Somerset currently 80 odd for 8.
Murts doesn't age and good to see trj back and fully fit
Game is gone now, but was pleased to see us add 83 for the last wicket. I'd forgotten how ridiculously h4x our 10th wicket stands seem to be sometimes.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's good to see that Glamorgan have three players actually born in Wales. Must be some kind of record in these recent years. Also good to see that Bumble is making a comeback.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent start to the season for Essex. 3 quick wickets from Cook at the day's end and a surprising double-ton from Westley. Runs for Wheater always a pleasure.