• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
God I love ponting on comms, has no chill but every time he criticizes a player/team it's genuine criticism and not horseshit.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big difference in the two innings was Pujara's performance. The captain (Kohli/Paine) scored runs where no-one else looked comfortable, whereas Rahane and Labuschagne scratched around for a not too fluent 40. But there was no-one who ate up a lot of balls for a solid start in the Australian innings in contrast to Pujara.

India probably did bowl slightly better, but I think it was quality stuff from both sides. India was just lucky to bowl at a weaker batting lineup.

Gonna need Smith's best to win this Test, I feel.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Anyway, although India's bowling was tight, Australia seemed to have a very timid approach batting and allowed India to tie themselves down. It's as if they psyched themselves out before the innings started.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean it was more that aus batsmen threw there wickets away just as we started to rebuild, the green and head dismissals where completely avoidable.

halba

International 12th Man
the only change next game is shubman gill for the struggling prithvi. this will make india much better off for test #2. Rohit for kohli is like for like, rohit is a great player.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I just can't understand how Head averages 40, he looks like a low 30s averaging batsman at best
He farmed runs vs a shitty sri lankan side and a new Zealand side that he walked to the crease 4/250 vs every innings. Don't think I've seen him play a decent innings overseas or a quality innings at home.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
the only change next game is shubman gill for the struggling prithvi. this will make india much better off for test #2. Rohit for kohli is like for like, rohit is a great player.
Except Rohit will still be in quarantine until the test in Burgeys home city of Sydney. Assuming that test goes ahead given the latest Covid outbreak in Sydney.

Burgey, Cribbage, Morgieb, jedibrah - hope you sweeties are all staying safe.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
your last 2 comments have been the worst I've seen here in a long time

veganbob

U19 Captain
Wow.
As much as I normally enjoy watching India lose at cricket-I'd be thrilled if they pulled off this test win. The pink ball day night test is the last test ud expect india to win.
Although if they win this test they will the series imo. They seem mentally stronger than Australia and have a better cricket team so no reason why they can't beat the cheats.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Gautam is calling
I've been off the forum for a little while and not been a regular for years so unsure I understand the reference.

Correct observation of my ridiculous pessimism though. I just feel so burned by the consistent choking that we did in South Africa and England to have any genuine faith. And although Umesh and Ashwin were impressive, Ashwin remains inconsistent outside India and I'm worried by Bumrah's relatively low pace. Moreover, I remain to have no faith in the lower order or Saha's batting. Aggarwal, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane can only get us so many runs.