• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will say that India's batting has been excellent. The fact that they've gotten to 3/150 despite Australia bowling as well as they have is extremely good. I'd go so far as saying that this could very well be Kohli's best innings ever against us.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will say that India's batting has been excellent. The fact that they've gotten to 3/150 despite Australia bowling as well as they have is extremely good. I'd go so far as saying that this could very well be Kohli best innings ever against us.
yeah they’ve toughed it out very well

stephen

The current debate:

Is cricket a narrativist sport or a ludological sport?

Those who play would say it's narrativist while those who watch think it's ludological. I don't mind that the on field umpire has some jurisdiction that the 3rd umpire doesn't.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilchrist will never pull Warne into line because he has constantly been looking for his approval since 1999.

Gnske

UPDATE: 7 has both Slater and Fleming on too. FFS.
I don't find that Fleming that obnoxious actually. Michael Slater is still Michael Slater sure but he's not Michael Slater under Brad McNamara or Brad "I eat crayons and finger paint with my own feces" McNamara at least.

Starfighter

This is getting depressing. Despite the odd 'ooh' moment there hasn't actually looked like being a wicket for ages.

cnerd123

likes this
It seems odd that it wasn't corrected by the 3rd umpire. Presumably that's the rule, but it's a strange one.
Now that they've gone and got the 3rd umpire watching the line on every ball, it doesn't make sense to leave any line calls to the onfield umpire.